gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit an old cellar hole next to my house this week which I have hit a lot but managed to get a first. I have pulled plenty of harmonica reeds but never a case.
IMG_0258.JPG
I also managed to get the biggest part to a croato? Bell that I have ever seen
IMG_0259.JPG
Then I meet up with a buddy and we hit a new farm field that hat just been plowed. He has not been metal detecting much so I let him use my fisher gold bug and I am showing him how to turn it on and ground balance and take a few swings with it to let him hear what the iron sounds like and get a perfect mid seventies hit and sure enough out pops a copper. So he takes off on his own and within a minute found an Indian. Here is a pic of the copper I think it is either a Connecticut or possibly a left facing king George. I would be interested in opinions
IMG_0255.JPG
IMG_0256.JPG
My buddy found a few buttons and one dandy button. I also found one dandy button and this one with an eagle on it. Any ideas on what it type of button it may be?
IMG_0251.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG
IMG_0257.JPG
Thanks for looking and happy hunting

Upvote 10

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! Love the colonial relics and coins and wish I was where I could find them!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great button. There are a lot of buttons similar to yours, but it looks like its borderless, so here's a somewhat narrowed list ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502841146.205281.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502841155.040542.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502841163.077475.jpg

Either way it's one piece and early 19th century. Congrats

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks scrappy it is 100% one of those buttons! how do I get a button book like that? I have googled it but honestly do not know what I need but something like a red book for buttons. I am finding a lot of buttons and it would be fun to know more about them.
thanks

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did a navy button get into the middle of a farm field in northern Vermont in the early 1800's. fun just imagining where the early settlers came from.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks scrappy it is 100% one of those buttons! how do I get a button book like that? I have googled it but honestly do not know what I need but something like a red book for buttons. I am finding a lot of buttons and it would be fun to know more about them.
thanks

No prob. It's Albert's Book of buttons. Google it

As far as the location of artifacts - sometimes you just need to give up figuring it out and accept it. I always try and put myself in their shoes. Perhaps a navy guy moved to the mountains after being discharged. I know many wore their uniforms as a sense of pride for social occasions.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the productive relic hunt! :occasion14:

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread