Got some great finds but cant get them cropped enough to post.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Re: Got some great finds but can't get them cropped enough to post.

I resize mine down to 800x600 or so, they post fine-

T

TreasureTales

Doesn't Kodak include a resizing program or function with their cameras? If not, you can get some good info on resizing by reading through the TreasureNet topic titled "TEST FORUM" and the topic titled "JUST IMAGES" may offer some tips as well. Just go up to the HOME button and click on it. Then scroll down to the topics I've mentioned here. You should be able to read through the threads on those topics until you find the tips and techniques you need to resize your photos. Also, I believe an online and free resizing website is mentioned in those threads somewhere, just in case your own software doesn't provide software editing/downsizing options. Good luck!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

You might even be able to do it on your camera setting. Set the camera for 640 X 480 and also look in your menu on the camera to see if you can adjust the pixels from fine to normal. I don't recall if Kodak has that setup or not.

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky

i got a 400$ kodak with dock and the only way i know how to crop is with scissors ::) but have not put the dock in the vista putter yet because the software is xp >:(

T

TreasureTales

Can you email the photos to someone else who can resize them for you and resend them to you? Somebody must be able to help you, I want to see the photos. :)

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

If you use Windows XP you can go to the Microsoft Windows website and download a photo resizer. Or you can probably do a Google search on photo resize software and find something.

BobPA

Feb 18, 2007
Williamsport, Home of Little League Baseball
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, JW Fisher Pulse 8X

Once you have your pictures in a file, click on your picture. It will come up in the windows picture viewer. Click on it again and it will take you to Microsoft Office Picture Manager (If you have it). Go to the top and click on Pictures, then Resize. On the box on the right, click on the down arrow and selectWeb Large 640x480. Then click save changes. This should do it. Or you could always just set your camera to email in your settings.
Bob

countrygrammy

Sep 15, 2006

Hey i finally decided to read some,i've been having trouble posting.

So i have read your replys and going to try them.Thanks for site

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Staci hit it right on.. You can down load the Kodak software for Vista now from their web site..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread