What's new

Got some silver today

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
Got two boxes of halves and found 2- 90% Kennedys and 12- 40%ers. Not as much as some here, but for me like dream boxes lately. One box had all of them but 1-40%er. The good box also had a 1987 P and D in perfect shape and a few nice clad proofs.

PS Also picked up some older silver Canadian Maples (in original mint plastic sheets) for 65 cents over spot.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
That's great!

I went through two boxes and found 1950 Ben and (2) 1964 Kennedy's.

I continue to average 1 silver dime for every $100 searched.

Cheers!
 
jim4silver said:
Got two boxes of halves and found 2- 90% Kennedys and 12- 40%ers. Not as much as some here, but for me like dream boxes lately. One box had all of them but 1-40%er. The good box also had a 1987 P and D in perfect shape and a few nice clad proofs.

PS Also picked up some older silver Canadian Maples (in original mint plastic sheets) for 65 cents over spot.

Jim

12 40's and 2 90's is exactly what my last 2 boxes produced as well, and they all came from 1 box. I very much understand - that is like a dream box for me as well. Nice little score.
 
jim4silver said:
Got two boxes of halves and found 2- 90% Kennedys and 12- 40%ers. Not as much as some here, but for me like dream boxes lately. One box had all of them but 1-40%er. The good box also had a 1987 P and D in perfect shape and a few nice clad proofs.

PS Also picked up some older silver Canadian Maples (in original mint plastic sheets) for 65 cents over spot.

Jim

It looks like your box luck has changed ! Good find :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You got a sweet deal on those maple leaves. I prefer the older coins as well. The queen looks like a queen. In the newer coins she looks like a heavier version of "Nanny McPhee"
HH
Rich
 
Now I got the fever again. I have a few more boxes coming in later in the week.

Rich Hartford said:
You got a sweet deal on those maple leaves. I prefer the older coins as well. The queen looks like a queen. In the newer coins she looks like a heavier version of "Nanny McPhee"
HH
Rich

I do too. I also have noticed that the newer coins seem to develop "milk spots" that cannot be removed (unlike toning), which I have also seen on some Austrian Philharmonic silver coins I had.

My favorite when I can get them with a lower premium are Libertads and Onza .999s.

Jim
 
Well if you average that out you did way better than the guy who does 24 boxes!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom