Got the D and found heirloom!

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out on my farm site. Decided to roam about and see if any other sites would be located. Also decided to test out my Nel Thunder and Sniper coils.
I found what seems to be a fork, LOTS of nails, a couple of buckles. I also found this brass piece that seems to be part of a strap?

While I was out on the fields, a family passed by walking their dogs, stopped and we spoke for a couple of minutes about the area and what not. They went on their way after petting the dogs and letting the dogs knock some of my things over. (Dogs are so curious!) After about 5-10 minutes after they left, I saw a younger lady running towards me with her hands waving at me... At first I thought something terrible had happened. She approached me and stated that a family with dogs saw her looking for something and said that there was a person over the hills with a metal detector out in the fields.

Apparently, this girl was having a photo shoot down in one of the lower fields with taller grass. They were cleaning up and her late Grandmother's gold ring had fallen off and she couldn't find it! What are the chances that someone was metal detecting on a property that not a lot of people go to and someone happened to be having a photo shoot that day and lost a ring. Also, the fact that the family stopped to ask if they were looking for something and mentioned me! Needless to say, after about 5 minutes of trying to swing my detector through 1ft of grass, I found the ring!!!

Both the photographer and the girl were extremely happy. She teared up in joy and explained that she tried to play it off as not a big deal when they were first looking for it. It obviously was a big deal!

I closed the day on that note and am very happy I was able to help out.
5621Ring.jpg
Ring in situ
5621Ring1.jpg 5621Ring2.png
5621buckles.jpg 5621fork.jpg

I also found this weird stone. It seems to have been cut? Not sure.. Just curious because I have never seen a stone that straight on multiple sides.
5621weird.jpg 5621weird1.jpg 5621weird2.jpg 5621weird3.jpg

Thanks for the read! Swing it, Dig it!!

Upvote 30

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Matt, great return!! Fun hunting with you yesterday!! Thanks!! Put in honorable mention report too for the ring finding and return.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Matt, great return!! Fun hunting with you yesterday!! Thanks!! Put in honorable mention report too for the ring finding and return.

Definitely had a great time! I'll be cleaning and posting my finds soon! Thank you very much for the HM vote!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions