Got the D and found heirloom!

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out on my farm site. Decided to roam about and see if any other sites would be located. Also decided to test out my Nel Thunder and Sniper coils.
I found what seems to be a fork, LOTS of nails, a couple of buckles. I also found this brass piece that seems to be part of a strap?

While I was out on the fields, a family passed by walking their dogs, stopped and we spoke for a couple of minutes about the area and what not. They went on their way after petting the dogs and letting the dogs knock some of my things over. (Dogs are so curious!) After about 5-10 minutes after they left, I saw a younger lady running towards me with her hands waving at me... At first I thought something terrible had happened. She approached me and stated that a family with dogs saw her looking for something and said that there was a person over the hills with a metal detector out in the fields.

Apparently, this girl was having a photo shoot down in one of the lower fields with taller grass. They were cleaning up and her late Grandmother's gold ring had fallen off and she couldn't find it! What are the chances that someone was metal detecting on a property that not a lot of people go to and someone happened to be having a photo shoot that day and lost a ring. Also, the fact that the family stopped to ask if they were looking for something and mentioned me! Needless to say, after about 5 minutes of trying to swing my detector through 1ft of grass, I found the ring!!!

Both the photographer and the girl were extremely happy. She teared up in joy and explained that she tried to play it off as not a big deal when they were first looking for it. It obviously was a big deal!

I closed the day on that note and am very happy I was able to help out.
5621Ring.jpg
Ring in situ
5621Ring1.jpg 5621Ring2.png
5621buckles.jpg 5621fork.jpg

I also found this weird stone. It seems to have been cut? Not sure.. Just curious because I have never seen a stone that straight on multiple sides.
5621weird.jpg 5621weird1.jpg 5621weird2.jpg 5621weird3.jpg

Thanks for the read! Swing it, Dig it!!

Upvote 30

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!!!!!

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go! I think an Honorable Mention is in your future...

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome story great job on all the finds and the ring.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the ring! Nice quartz crystal too. Might have been lost by an Indian. I found one similar once when I was a kid in a garden that my brother and I were finding arrowheads in.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used to find those quartz pieces all over the place when we lived in Wichita Kansas.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who got the D?!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your great recovery..Voting Honorable Mention..
returning that ring is a moment that you will always remember

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story! The stars lined up perfectly- odds were not good of that scenario taking place, but she benefited that you happened to be there, and strong work finding that ring!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing like making a pretty girl smile

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find and great return Hunter! The stone looks like a quartz crystal to me, also. Thanks for posting and sharing your story.

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everybody! She's definitely cute. No number was taken, but I did tell her where she can find me :laughing7: I have a significant other, no need to jeopardize that! haha I really appreciate those who voted Honorable Mention. I could tell the ring meant a lot to her so I wanted to do the right thing! Cheers! :occasion14:

PS: Thank you for IDing the quartz crystal! It's in my jar with other weird finds haha

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the ring return and my honorable mention vote is in. I agree with everyone on the quartz crystal. Stay safe and keep swingin.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice story on the ring find and Honorable mention from me. I agree with the others, your stone is Crystal Quartz.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread