What's new

Got two silver dollars today

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
Was at one of my dump banks and saw a bunch of Eisenhower dollars laying in the till. They were not in a slot so it was hard to see, but as I looked I thought I saw what appeared to be a silver rim on one. I figured its was a 40% proof and asked the teller if I could buy the dollars. She said yes and she was glad to get rid of them since they didn't fit in the till (no slot for the big dollars it seems) and that nobody ever asks for them.

Bought all 26 dollars; one turned out to be an 1890 O Morgan, and one was a 1922 Peace Dollar. Both in circulated condition. The rest were just plain ole' Eisenhowers.

This was my first silver dollar score and I was very thrilled when I found them.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
Awesome!!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
WTG! I bought 1100 from a bank a few months ago and only found 1 40%. I was hoping for some Morgans/Peace Dollars.
 
that is awesome.....i didn't think it was possible to find them in the wild.... :thumbsup:
 
I am amaized. Never happened to me. not yet.

Golden Silver
 
Nicely done! I keep hoping to do something similar, but so far to no avail. Both are beautiful coins!!
- Grizz
 
those are some excellent finds. Gotta love buying silver dollars at face.

Great job.

Never hurts to buy whatever you see, ya just never know!

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
Very cool. I've yet to find any large dollar at a bank when I ask.
 
wow still looking for my first morgan and peace in the wild :thumbsup:
 
Congratulations on the SILVER Dollars.........

I wonder if the guy who lost them even knows their gone?............. :icon_jokercolor:

I coulden't resist. LOL

Mojo
 
I have been CRHing for almost one year now and always bought all the Ikes I could get and never found anything worth keeping. I stopped buying them a few months ago and would not have bought them today had I not saw the difference in color on one of the rims. I knew it would be a keeper but I figured it was a 40% Ike.

I cannot figure out how a teller would look at a 100+ year old coin, and the Peace Dollar (80+ years) and not keep them??? I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

They sort of make up for all the skunk boxes I have had lately. ;D

Jim
 
coinmojo said:
Congratulations on the SILVER Dollars.........

I wonder if the guy who lost them even knows their gone?............. :icon_jokercolor:

I coulden't resist. LOL

Mojo

That's a good one!

Jim
 
What a great find. I started asking for the big dollars. So far I got one 40% Ike, but you never know what's out there. :thumbsup:
 
WOW! One of each. Congrats on the very hard find. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom