What's new

Gotta love those small town banks !

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
I took a few hours to make a loop thru the countryside today. I heard lots of those stories about they are saving theirs for a "special customer" or I should have been there last week. I stumbled across one small bank in a town that time forgot. The nice teller said she had been saving a few rolls for a long time. I am thinking " rolls of 1971 Kennedys" she produces 2 of the sweetest old rolls of halves I have seen for awhile. 40 beauties in both rolls combined. All 65-69 but 40 out of 40 is a silver hoarder's dream. Cheers, Jim
Yes, I went back and begged for more with no success,I even tried the old line about opening an account with no luck.
 
Upvote 0
No better feeling than rolling out a whole handfull of silver, congrats.
coolpix9 said:
I took a few hours to make a loop thru the countryside today. I heard lots of those stories about they are saving theirs for a "special customer" or I should have been there last week. I stumbled across one small bank in a town that time forgot. The nice teller said she had been saving a few rolls for a long time. I am thinking " rolls of 1971 Kennedys" she produces 2 of the sweetest old rolls of halves I have seen for awhile. 40 beauties in both rolls combined. All 65-69 but 40 out of 40 is a silver hoarder's dream. Cheers, Jim
Yes, I went back and begged for more with no success,I even tried the old line about opening an account with no luck.
 
Hey cool, are you looking for rolls of 40% halfs? still ? Give me a yell. Thanks gayle
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom