Welcome to Tnet,I don,t know any thing about GPR but I bet it,s expensive.Good luck to you.Hello everyone,
I would like to buy a DIPOLO GRP from OERAD, is it good GPR? has anyone among you used this GPR please give me your opinion
Did you buy it?? I'm thinking of buying one myself. I'm scared of the learning processHello everyone,
I would like to buy a DIPOLO GRP from OERAD, is it good GPR? has anyone among you used this GPR please give me your opinion
Lost. Any update? Where are you located? State?I have one on order and will be arriving late this week. I will let you know my experience.
It was delayed but came yesterday. Setup isn't too bad and walked it around the backyard this afternoon. It worked and I was getting readings. It isn't too heavy but you still have to carry it around.Lost. Any update? Where are you located? State?
Took it out into the woods today for a test run. It operated for about 10 minutes and then I started getting a message that it could not find the radar. I also got an error message about the media source not being found on the tablet. I started and restarted the unit and the tablet several times and disconnected and reconnected the cords. Got it to work once briefly, but otherwise I am getting the error messages. I did snag one of the cords on a small tree so hopefully that didn't pull something loose in the machine.It was delayed but came yesterday. Setup isn't too bad and walked it around the backyard this afternoon. It worked and I was getting readings. It isn't too heavy but you still have to carry it around.
Learning to interpret the readouts and gain a sense of what I am looking at is going to take some time. There are a lot of variables including three different antenna and many settings. Different soil types also reflect with different intensities. I am going to have to get out and play with it in areas where I can dig and bury a few things. Overall I think it will be great, but I will have to commit some time to getting the hang of it. Unfortunately we will be getting rain all weekend so it will have to wait.
I am in North Georgia about an hour north of Atlanta.
I think a lot of it is the treasure shows that treat it like the definitive resource. I think for deeper targets it will work. I was getting a signal down to about 10 feet, though the top two feet were so noisy it would have been hard to determine what to dig at that depth. But that was my first try.Fun fact: Nearly 50 percent of new members questions pertain to some sort of deep penetrating radar/detector.
I'm not sure what that means, but it's an interesting observation.
That means you should go over the search are first with regular metal detector. Cleas it of all metals then do the search.I think a lot of it is the treasure shows that treat it like the definitive resource. I think for deeper targets it will work. I was getting a signal down to about 10 feet, though the top two feet were so noisy it would have been hard to determine what to dig at that depth. But that was my first try.
Thanks. For your help. I live in Conyers ga. But if I get one is to take to Mexico. For my vacations.This isn't my thread but I have had one of these units for several years. I have had to stop using it as I have an implant for a heart condition and it could interfere with it's function. So it is up for sale on eBay, but I can share with you my experience.
Any GPR unit is going to have a learning curve. If you get a unit, I also recommend getting a book on gpr theory and be willing to spend some time playing with it. What you see are waves and more you use it and dig, the better you will understand what the waves represent. It is usable immediately but like anything you will get better identifying things as you use it more. It comes with three sets of antennas which I learned through scanning the same area with all three and comparing the differences.
The biggest pros on the unit are portability and cost. My searches were in the woods and I could navigate terrain where a rolling unit would be impossible to use without clearing the area. That is where this unit shines. You can also carry in it's carry bag and check it on airplanes in its hard shell case. For field work it is a good design. It takes about 10 minutes to screw together when you get to the site.
Since it primarily detects disturbances in the soil, it is much easier to find things at least 2-3 feet deep or deeper. The areas near the surface tend to be more disturbed so finding shallow items can require digging more spots due to the surface disturbances.
It works with the included tablet, though I downloaded the app and used my phone most of the time as that was easier to carry since you are operating the unit at the same time.
The other benefit is the cost. I did not find anything else close to the price. It does not have the bells or whistles (like gps), but is a functional entry-level unit.
My biggest issue was the soil in my area. Dig down more than few inches and you hit clay, which is about the hardest ground for GPR to read. It still worked, but spikes and data were much more muted. One other minor issue is that the tops of the screws on the frame can come off, but those are easily replaceable with ones from the hardware store.
I would be keeping my unit if I could still use it. Hope that helps.