What's new

Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain (pixs added)

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Picked up my weekly four from one of my sources and was glad to see the skunk run reached the end. Pretty impressive results with a new personal record for one box :headbang: -

Box One - skunk.
Box Two - 3 40% and 1925 Stone Mountain Commemorative - not mint but nice and 1st one.
Box Three - 48 90% (mostly Walkers & Bens) 20 40%.
Box Four - 112 90% (again mostly Walkers & Bens with a 1906 Barber to round it off) and 17 40% (I'm gonna classify this as my first dream box as I previously wrote that it needed to be 100 coins or more and was my goal to get one this year. Sure did cut it close with this goal.).

Quite a change from skunks and ones from my last months worth of boxes. Got another couple coming tomorrow from the same source so maybe my luck will continue! December is going to almost double my entire year's CRH finds if this continues. :notworthy: I bow to the CRH gods and thank them!

Maine_Jim
 
Upvote 0
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

Nice...

I am a newby to the hobby so my goal right now is to get just one Walker since I have none.
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

What, no pictures? ;)
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

Ya see This is where I really want to see pictures but I know you would get slaughtered for it. Werent you getting skunked a few months ago. What the heck changed? Wow? I have never seen a box even close to that. Congrats!

Golden silver
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

NICE :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

Jim,

That's whats called a New England Dream Box. That's certainly the most I've heard of coming from a box in this region.
Congratulations on a great score and some interesting finds. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Up your boxes. I think there is more out there

HH
Rich
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

I know...pictures, pictures :~) - Maybe when I get home. I opened two of the boxes last night and two on the way to work today. I set the cruise control on and can whip through a box pretty fast except when you hit a dream box then it is "whoa" every freakin roll. I was getting some rolls with four and five Walkers or Bens. I knew there was something up when I opened it and there were two Bens staring at me. Ended up with about ten silver end coins so it kinda followed the ratio of ten for every silver showing on an end. To get rolls of Bens and Walkers from a box is fun. :hello2:

Maine_Jim
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

RIcoinhunter said:

Over 85 ounces of Silver, yes a Junior Dream Box for sure!
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

Rich Hartford said:
Jim,

That's whats called a New England Dream Box. That's certainly the most I've heard of coming from a box in this region.
Congratulations on a great score and some interesting finds. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Up your boxes. I think there is more out there

HH
Rich


I'll have to agree with Rich....that is probably the best box in this region!!
Congrats!!! Nice Christmas present.....

Joe
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

I think that's a dream box in any region. Super haul!
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

Very nice, a dream day for sure!! I can't wait until I can afford to get some boxes. Customer rolls have been good to me lately though.
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

:o Awesome score! Congrats. :notworthy:
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

joad said:
I think that's a dream box in any region. Super haul!

Those are combined totals of 2 Boxes.

We once had a 20 Box find once that 8 produced 70 or better (only 1 was a skunk), for a total of 758, and 338 were %90's, as well as 2 single Boxes of over 500.
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

obediah said:
joad said:
I think that's a dream box in any region. Super haul!

Those are combined totals of 2 Boxes.

We once had a 20 Box find once that 8 produced 70 or better (only 1 was a skunk), for a total of 758, and 338 were %90's, as well as 2 single Boxes of over 500.

I'm not discounting the finds of others, I'm just giving deserved kudos.
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

A box with over 500 moves into the time machine dream box realm ::) . That would be amazing. Getting 129 in one box was quite something. I've searched ALOT of boxes and this box far surpassed my record - especially with it being mostly Walkers and Bens. I did notice that my four box total was exactly eight rolls of 90% silver and two 40% roll plus the commemorative. Makes me think I got a complete stash of silver from a previous collector dumped in the coin sorter. Likely a grampa collection dumped by grams or the kids. I do echo the other northeast CRH comments that it is a superior box for up here. :icon_thumright:

Maine_Jim
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

Seems to be a lot of old and or unusual coins coming in boxes lately. You got the Stone Mountain and Barber today.
My son, ScoobaSteve got an 1824 Half Crown, within the past couple of weeks. In the past 2 months I got, 2 Barbers,2 Columbian Exposition, a Basketball Commemorative(silly looking coin),and the 1867 Italian Coin.
I would not be surprised that someone finds a gold coin like they did last year.

Rich
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

Any box with keepers that number over 100 is officially known as a "Dream Box" anything more than that is astronomical.

Congratulations. Pictures are required when we are talking about Walkers and Barbers and any old coins for that matter, just respectfully ask not to be nominated for the banner allthough it's not quite banner worthy it's certainly nothing to shake a stick at.

Mojo
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

I'll certify it!
Dream box!

Congrats! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Grand Slam from boxes and a 1925 Stone Mountain

Hey - it's Friday night and I'm not working so here are a few pictures. Kinda blurry as I still have the old crappy camera. The Stone Mountain is pretty nice but does have one visible hit that left a mark. The Walker is about the nicest one in the bunch condition wise. I've sorted out the Walkers and Bens from last two big finds and the bag of rolls are just the 400 Walkers including a number of full date rolls. Safe to say December will be the best month I'll have for quite a while. :icon_pirat:

Maine_Jim
 

Attachments

  • Barber1906Obverse.webp
    Barber1906Obverse.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 371
  • AllThree.webp
    AllThree.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 378
  • StoneMountainObverse.webp
    StoneMountainObverse.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 377
  • StoneMountainReverse.webp
    StoneMountainReverse.webp
    51.3 KB · Views: 378
  • BagOfWalkers.webp
    BagOfWalkers.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 387
  • StoneMountainObverse1.webp
    StoneMountainObverse1.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 370
  • Barber1906Obverse.webp
    Barber1906Obverse.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 378
  • AllThree.webp
    AllThree.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 382
  • StoneMountainObverse.webp
    StoneMountainObverse.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 369
  • StoneMountainReverse.webp
    StoneMountainReverse.webp
    51.3 KB · Views: 376
  • BagOfWalkers.webp
    BagOfWalkers.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 397
  • StoneMountainObverse1.webp
    StoneMountainObverse1.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 382

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom