What's new

Grandfathers Arrowhead

sarahj234

Greenie
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grandfather's Arrowhead

My grandfather found this when he was just a little kid. It has been in a box for many years. I was curious about it and have tried to look up something similar - but there is alot of info out there! It looks like it is broken in a few places - I tried to photograph those areas.
Like I said - just curious about it - any info is greatly appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • PC103727.webp
    PC103727.webp
    130.2 KB · Views: 725
  • PC103728.webp
    PC103728.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 716
  • PC103729.webp
    PC103729.webp
    30 KB · Views: 721
Upvote 0
Re: Grandfather's Arrowhead

It look's like it might have been a knife, it's a little hard to tell with the base broken. It is made out of some nice looking material. Even with the bit of damage that is a keeper since your grandfather found it.
 
Re: Grandfather's Arrowhead

Nice piece, but hard to say what it was, someone might know.
 
Re: Grandfather's Arrowhead

Thanks for the input! I had forgotten my dad gave it to me, but was looking around on T-Net earlier and remembered I had it. Given that my Grandpa found it so long ago, it really is a keeper! It really is very pretty - almost a red/maroon color. I tried to look up something similar online, but there is so much info out there that I got lost! Thanks All!
 
Re: Grandfather's Arrowhead

I'd say stilwell. Almost def
 
Re: Grandfather's Arrowhead

What area it came from would help narrow down some possibilities of what it might be.
 
Re: Grandfather's Arrowhead

California, although I do not know exactly where. Likely the southeastern part of the state, based on where he grew up.
 
Re: Grandfather's Arrowhead

hello Sarah!! and welcome to Tnet and the AIA forum from Tmodel!! on the eastern highland rim of Tennessee. do you know where your grandfather found this point? state would be enough each state may have a different name for the same point.
 
Re: Grandfather's Arrowhead

Thank You Tmodel! This would have been found in CA, likely in the SE part of the state.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom