Grandfathers Collection

CDucote

Jan 15, 2020
Deville, Louisiana Rapides Parish
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Pulse Dive, Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Mother gave these to me yesterday. I didnt know that my grandfather had this little stash of coins. It was so much fun going through them. also had hundreds of wheat pennies and lots of foreign coins

IMG_2352.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 25
Wow that’s Nice!!! Congrats!!!! Lots of Stories!!:)

You should always value this as a gift from your grandfather.

And, you should. It's worth a whole lot more to you than it would be "putting it on the market".

You should always value this as a gift from your grandfather.

And, you should. It's worth a whole lot more to you than it would be "putting it on the market".

Absolutely. I could never part with any of this. it was so neat going through it all. all the silver dollars were individually wrapped in paper towels. He is still alive at 95 years old, I plan to bring the collection to him at the nursing home to see if he can tell me about any of it, im sure he can, his mind is still sharp as a tack.

That was nice gotta be fun going through those that's what I'll do for my kids when they are older. Great post

That is just awesome- so much history there- Congrats!

That's awesome, must have been a blast going through them. I especially love to see the V nickels looking like nickels and not the rusty crusty coins that come out of the ground.

Nice little collection. I'm glad to hear your going to keep it, and pass it on rather than run out and sell it. Those coins meant something to your Grandfather.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back