What's new

Grandpas Finds and a couple of what is its

CrazyCritter

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grandpa's Finds and a couple of what is it's

Hi everyone. Just let me start out by saying that I love this site. Have been visiting for over a year and enjoying every minute of it. My Grandfather used to work at a Golf Course. As a kid he used to show me all of the Arrow Heads he would find. Unfortunately he passed quite awhile ago. Also not sure what happened to his large collection. I have a few of them that I display in a shadow box. I have a couple of What is it's. The one that is the most curious to me is about 1 1/2 inches long and rounded. It is made of stone. In the picture you can see a grove on the left hand side that wraps around the whole stone. One end is rounded off and the other is jagged. The other what is it, is larger... Can't tell if it is just a natural rock or at some point was a Axe head or something similar. I will also include a picture of the rest of the collection. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. All of the artifacts where found in South Eastern Michigan near the Raisin River.
 

Attachments

  • object1a.webp
    object1a.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,075
  • object2a.webp
    object2a.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,086
  • object3a.webp
    object3a.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,092
  • objectb1a.webp
    objectb1a.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,088
  • objectb2a.webp
    objectb2a.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,089
  • objectb3a.webp
    objectb3a.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,097
  • collectionA.webp
    collectionA.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,130
Upvote 0
Re: Grandpa's Finds and a couple of what is it's

good finds...the hardstone piece looks like a celt or a gouge....
 
Re: Grandpa's Finds and a couple of what is it's

I agree with WV sifter, I think what you've got there is a celt. Nice relics.
 
Re: Grandpa's Finds and a couple of what is it's

Real nice finds!!
 
Re: Grandpa's Finds and a couple of what is it's

Cool points and a big old celt! Nice Artifacts!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom