3 MB · Views: 15

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! When I saw the pics I immediately thought of NC. Looked like near Forest City and Hendersonville. Surprised when I went back and found your location was NC.

OP
OP
Hbot37

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! When I saw the pics I immediately thought of NC. Looked like near Forest City and Hendersonville. Surprised when I went back and found your location was NC.
I'm a bit further east from there actually, in wake county. I do love the mountains though, probably get up there soon now that its getting hotter here.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
58A5A7A6-96AD-45E6-8FE2-8B3C7A717E8B.jpeg

My blackberries finished flowering and berries are forming. Last yr they failed for some reason. These have thorns and are wicked. If they mature I’ll pick and freeze them then take to the local winery and get a couple of bottles later.

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2088027
My blackberries finished flowering and berries are forming. Last yr they failed for some reason. These have thorns and are wicked. If they mature I’ll pick and freeze them then take to the local winery and get a couple of bottles later.
Nice!! I just potted 6 Kiowa blackberries plants I received in the mail a couple of days ago, going to get them in the ground soon. Hopefully have some good berries next year.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done having the berries, and sharing.
That goes for everyone else also, great job.

I put in (still working at it) a berry patch, of 1 acre, Dec.2020.
2 - 100 ft rows of Strawberries
60 Haskaps
125 Blueberry (only 40 survived) :dontknow: @ $30 each it hurt.
3-160 ft rows of different varieties of Raspberries.We have or main vegetable garden in there also, as I have it fenced with 3 ft steel ground mesh buried 1 ft, and 8 ft of graduating page wire.

For water I have been bringing over 300 gallon totes and hooking them up to the watering systems, or having to fill the 35 gallon tank on the side by side.
Just completed the water supply 200 ft away pond with a pump and generator to pump water over to the patch. I buried this line 4 ft down for the frost protection.

I tip my hat at everyone that grows berries, having to protect them from the nature that looks at the berries as a fine meal deal that us humans have grown for their enjoyment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread