Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gray Ghost Amphibian headphones for Equinox

For Equinox

I see these are out and available at various places. Has anyone had a chance to try them yet?

Advertised as having "unsurpassed volume"

I did see the Youtube video diving with them, but nothing really mentioned on volume levels, sound quality, etc.

Thinking out loud, it seems kinda silly to have a volume knob when the detector has pushbutton volume adjustment and likely cannot be too loud regardless.

Did order a set to try.

Had originally planned to use Equinox for shallow diving, until discovering how disappointingly weak the volume was with the available piezo headphones. Reverted back to an excal for diving, but hate knowing I'm missing certain items with the excal (the dreaded invisible-to-excal gold items).

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interested in knowing what you think but at the advertised price, I don't care how loud they are, that's kinda steep. Since they have to be using piezos for use down to 30' (even though the EQX is only rated to 10'), cant see that they are going to be much louder if at all than the ML phones. I like the Pelsos for non-diving waterproof phones, great comfort, volume and isolation.

OP
OP
rc2125

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I've been extremely happy with the "Pelso's" for wading use. The amphibians will be here tomorrow to try and i'll have access to a pair of the minelabs to compare them both. I just can't resist re-visiting the shallow diving thing with nox again and need the loudest available piezo's to do it.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how loud the ML's are so if you can correlate the new GG's to those and the Pelso's then that will give me a good idea on their performance. Would like to know if Detector Pro is upping their game as I was disappointed in the "generic" Amphibians I got a few years back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread