Hi,
I did look into the Lee-Peacock feud and discovered that Daniel Lee (Bob Lee's father) sold his house and land in Virginia in the 1830's for $500,000 (in that time's currency value) in gold and settled in the area of the Lee-Peacock feud. Near the intersection of Hunt/Grayson/Collin/Fannin counties. In the Wildcat Thicket.
I found his original patent on an old Texas historical map, so I know exactly where his land was, all 640 acres. Since he lived in a thicket, I am pretty sure he buried his gold, rather than keeping it in his house, but nearby so he could keep an eye on it.
Apparently, only Daniel, his son Bob, and his daughter knew where it was. Since both Daniel and Bob died in the feud, and his daughter died a short time later, the location of where it was buried was lost.
Also, it appears that most searchers for the gold have searched around the family cemetery there (since no one wants to search 640 acres of the original land, some land of which is owned by various people now. I drove up there (1 hour and 45 minutes from my house) to scout out the area. I saw that the family cemetery is a lot further south (in Hunt county) than where the internet says that his house was located (in Fannin County).
So I looked up the tax records and got on google earth and think I know which property address to ask permission from to search for his buried gold.
I also read where Bob Lee's band of "outlaws" liked to make hideouts where you had to crawl under a place the thicket bushes in order to get to their camp. Which may be another clue. I have hunted in thickets before, and it is not for the faint of heart! (you get lots of cuts)
If anyone lives nearer to the search area (near the intersection of Hunt/Grayson/Collin/Fannin counties) then I hope this helps, as getting out there to search is really hard for me to do, as it is more than 3.5 hours travel time (round trip) for me.
Good luck to all!