What's new

Grease error or pmd? Also two “w” quarters.

Barrydang

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2019
Messages
297
Reaction score
1,160
Golden Thread
0
Location
alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab, fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ll go ahead and figure it is nothing but I’ll post it just Incase. It weighs right so or maybe just isn’t enough material removed to make a difference in weight. But I found what I look for 2 w quarters one river of no return. I have about 20 of those but the my first 2020 “bat” quarter American Samoa.
 

Attachments

  • 9556654D-C656-41F4-8E05-3A900A532B8D.webp
    9556654D-C656-41F4-8E05-3A900A532B8D.webp
    723.4 KB · Views: 120
  • FAB8315D-9542-4B7D-9D9B-9E6236C87362.webp
    FAB8315D-9542-4B7D-9D9B-9E6236C87362.webp
    721.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 4864B7E7-2203-41DA-BEC0-5517C653E25B.webp
    4864B7E7-2203-41DA-BEC0-5517C653E25B.webp
    844.3 KB · Views: 122
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    766.9 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0
Damage. Marks are VERY evident.

Time for more coffee.
 
Thanks
 
Geez.....this IS a grease filled die error and quite a nice one...….what damage is VERY evident??….I see nothing but a nice, lightly circulated grease error.

Nice find.

HH all!

Greg
 
Looks like a grease filled die, and also with some smudging (a PMD thing) with it.
 
It has a gouge and scrape marks where the ALMOST missing letters are. NOT a grease filled die. It is post mint damage.

Time for more coffee.
 
It seems we have a disagreement. Life happens. If this coin is of great importance to Barrydang, my advice at this point is to take it to a coin shop that has employees with experience in errors. All we can do here is give our opinions based on the evidence provided. Sometimes there will be disagreements.

Time for more coffee.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom