What's new

GREAT AFTERNOON PARK HUNT!

outlaw007

Bronze Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
1,349
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Location
ILLINIOS
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEST DAY SO FAR THIS YEAR! 1902 IH , 18 CRUDDY WHEATS , NO DATE MERC NO D ON THE BACK, 1920S , 1937 AND A 1941 MERCURY DIMES.
 

Attachments

  • P1030612.webp
    P1030612.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 255
Sweet 3-1/2-silvers!! ::)

(I'd round that off to four :wink:)
 
It's definitely more than 1/2 there Mark, rounding up is a great idea!

Congrats on a great day MIKE! Hope I can produce something tomorrow morning... my back is fried and and I'm still sick from LAST weekend, so I'll be handicapped for sure.
 
Is that how they did it if you only owed someone 6 or 7 cents and didn't have the nickel and pennies? As a kid I cut out Indian heads from nickels and drilled a hole in an ancient roman coin that was given to me so I could wear it around my neck (I know - what a moron I was...) but I don't remember purposely cutting a coin like that. Maybe someone was really desperate for a make shift screwdriver. And I still wonder what key dates I must have put on railroad tracks just to see the get flattened.

Congrats on the silvers!

Some time this year I hope to get some.
 
Sweet coin shootin....WTG
 
I don't know, call me crazy but I actually prefer finding cut coins over whole coins!!! :tongue3:
Awesome job buddy!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Looks like you're back in the old groove.. or back in the old grove.... :headbang:

Nice shiny Mercs there, Mike! :thumbsup:
 
Nice goin etrac. 1 hunt 4 mercs..... nice. Those IH are nice too, i like finding those.
 
WTG, Mike!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Let's see - it's Sunday morning. You're probably out at a park again. I wonder what nice finds your follow-up post will feature...
 
Kermit, you're crazy!! See? I called you that.

Mayo, I believe those cuts are the result of the coins being whacked by a lawnmower. There's a guy in Los Angeles who uses a Minelab, he scores all kinds of silvers in the parks there. Anyway, he seems to find a lot of those cut coins there.

Nice hunt, 007!

Joe
 
Awesome job Mike! Looks like that park has decided to start to reward you again......Also seems like you can't get away from those cut coins!
 
Great Job Mike,
I was at a Chicago Park Sat morning but only got 1 crusty wheat. Next time I go turfing, I'll need to be with you. BTW, that 1916 - D is in beautiful shape -- too bad the date got cut off of it :laughing9: Seriously though, I believe for silver tally purposes that's only 3.5, but I am in an uncharitable mood right now cuz my last 5 hunts have netted no shiny.
 
Congrats on your nice finds. Mercs look great!
I would have settled for that half you left behind. I gut skunked this weekend
 
Nice 4 silver day Mike....Congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom