What's new

✅ SOLVED Great Britain looking military belt buckle?

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,878
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I posted this once before, but it slowly slip to the bottom without resolve. I'm pretty sure it's British, but I'm finding no example of this very insignia of a flaming bomb. There is a Royal Marine Infantry insignia that is similar, but the flames aren't blown to the side as this one is. My best guess says it's maybe from the 1960s or 70s?. I base that on how it's constructed out of heavy stamped stainless steel. It's a thrift store find and I'd sure like to find out more about it. Hopefully one of you or members from GB will recognize what I have. It may or may not be official military either ?, but it's definitely built Ford tough... Thanks, to all replies.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20190205_104631.webp
    IMG_20190205_104631.webp
    572.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20190205_104732.webp
    IMG_20190205_104732.webp
    758.7 KB · Views: 83
could be a repo of a grenadier belt buckle for reenactors.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Great Id and buckle
 
Upvote 0
Well thank you very much OS. The thought of it being Italian just didn't come to mine as it looked like GB to me. When I think of something like an Italian badge I would have expected it to look more like this.
 

Attachments

  • 1933_Alfa_Romeo_badge.webp
    1933_Alfa_Romeo_badge.webp
    248.8 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom