What's new

Great Glassware from a Thrift Shop

most excellent....... gotta love those bargains
 
Congrats on the find! Thrift stores, flea markets and garage sales. You never know what treasures are there waiting for you to come along. Sometimes as much fun as treasure hunting!

Huntin' 59er
 
Is that the face you made when you spotted it? :D ;D ;D
 
Thanks everyone!

Yep, I definitely made the face!
 
Wow, I learn something new everyday but this is great! I'm a garage sale junkie and I would have passed that up even for a buck. Now I'll be scouting for another type of glass. Is there a mark on the bottom to know it's not a repro? I collect jadite and if you don't know your stuff you could fall for all sorts of bum deals. Great find!
 
Awesome find! You have a good eye! I've recently started looking for collector glass again. My ex MIL use to have an antique store and we always went to auctions and yard sales. I knew a little about the more obvious pieces like Fenton....I hadn't heard of Duncan & Miller until now. I'll definitely keep an eye out now. Glad you did so well with your auction! Keep up the good work!!

HH,
Moon
 
Thanks Sara and Moon!

As far as telling a piece like this from a repro--I don't think there are any repros of this pattern in blue. I have seen repros in plastic, but not glass.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom