What's new

Great Pumpkins

Ray S S

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2007
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

Enjoy...This guy is talented!

Artist, Ray villafane began carving pumpkins on a lark for his art students in a small rural
school district in Michigan. The hobby changed his life as he gained a viral following online
and unlocked his genuine love of sculpting. Here are some images of pumpkin carvings
Villafane created over the last five years.

I put them in my file as thumbnails but on the test site they are rather large so I hope
they will be ok. After having work done on this puter it is changed so much that I can't
figure out how to resize to the 640x480 that I used to use. I had Paintshop Pro and
he put Picaso on and it gives me too many problems.
 

Attachments

  • Pumpkin #1.webp
    Pumpkin #1.webp
    51 KB · Views: 145
  • Pumpkin #2.webp
    Pumpkin #2.webp
    44 KB · Views: 159
  • Pumpkin #3.webp
    Pumpkin #3.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 173
  • Pumpkin #4.webp
    Pumpkin #4.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Pumpkin #5.webp
    Pumpkin #5.webp
    50 KB · Views: 150
I have some more but I don't want to get banned for posting too many oversize pics.

I don't know how to resize them now. :icon_scratch:
 
Ray, I sometimes have trouble resizing pics too and even in Photoshop sometimes it doesn't work out. I worked on the pic below for half an hour to get it the right size and remembered I had a tool of Explorer that resized pictures that was easy to use and that is what I used on the one below.
 

Attachments

  • 2012 (WinCE).webp
    2012 (WinCE).webp
    6.3 KB · Views: 194
those are some awesome pumpkins
 
Sandman, when I had that Paintshop Pro, it was a very simple process to resize pictures, but now I just
can't do it. When i am working with the pictures, there just isn't anything there to resize. I am going to
have him put it back for me as I have no idea how to do it. When we first got the computer, my
niece put it on here for me. She was studying computers in college and that is what they were using.
She has moved since then and I don't see her very often now.
Your picture turned out good. Thanks for your reply.

Sniffer Thanks. Glad you like them. I have about 6 or 8 more that are funny to see, too, but if I
can't resize them, I won't put them on.

Tee, That one you carved sounds like it was pretty slick. I would like to have seen it. When my son
was little , he was always watching 'Sesame Street'. When Halloween came we went out to get some
pumpkins. I happened to find two that looked like the heads of Bert and Ernie, one was high and narrow
and the other was round so it worked out good. I carved them out to look just like them and put them
on the porch to greet the 'Trick or Treaters'. We were living in town at that time and there were lots of
little kids in the neighborhood. It was funny because every little while one of the kids coming up on the porch
would say, "Look mom, there is Bert and Ernie" and even their mothers would laugh. Karen had our boy out
'trick or treating' while I stayed home to hand out the candy. I had a lot of fun that night just because of
those pumpkin carvings and reactions of the people seeing them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom