What's new

Great short hunt, 1852 trime, beautiful infantry officer's button, and more!

Pacivilwarluke

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
271
Reaction score
441
Golden Thread
0
Location
York PA, Edisto Beach SC, Shepherdstown WV
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday I went to one of my tried and true spots that I hadn't hit since spring! I had tilled up the soil previously because of the heavy amount of nails, and had let it settle out so more nonferrous signals would be isolated. It worked and before long I had a nice mid tone on the at pro, broke apart the plug and saw a little coin shaped object. I wiped it off gently and saw that it was a nice silver three cent piece! It is a crudely holed 1852 and has character! I then got the top to a thimble, a gilted general service button, and eyeballed a half of a porcelain button with an iron shank. In an area that was a bit washed out there was a button right on the surface, which turned out to be an awesomely preserved infantry field officers button. It is 16.8 mm with a horstmann & CO NY with rays backmark. It dates to about 1860, and the only two buttons I found with this backmark were a dragoons button and an AVC button, so that's pretty cool! All in all a wonderful couple of hours out digging!

IMG_0566.webpIMG_0532.webpIMG_0587.webpIMG_0567.webpIMG_0558.webp
 
Upvote 62
Nice trime and buttons. Congrats
 
Very nice trime and infantry button!
 
Sweet trime and other finds! :icon_thumright:
 
Congrats on the little silver and other nice finds
 
Nice hunt! Sounds like your efforts paid off. Congrats

HH RN
 
One heck of a short hunt!
 
Nice trime - never found one of them!
 
welcome to the '52 3C club. thin as paper but they pack a big smile when found
 
Wow nice digs!
 
Wow. Super good finds
 
Sweet trime and buttons!! Still looking for my first trime, Congrats on a bucket lister!!
 
Dreaming of trimes... Thanks for sharing!
 
OMG - the detail on that infantry button is awesome! And the trime is a bucket lister for me. Congrats and thanks for sharing!
 
Very nice trime
g.png
 
nice finds got to love them trimes!
 
Yes indeed , outstanding CW era relics ! :cool: CMD
 
Very nice finds. I love your profile signature.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom