Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Temps have been very easy on us here at the Ocean and Treasures are still moving with the Northeast winds. My Best start since being in the hobby, hopefully it will continue. Seventeen days into the year, Nine Gold rings, 2 gold ear rings.. 37 Silver n Sterling's ....17 gone, 349 more days to Go for 2016!

Thanks for Looking and Stay Warm!

OBN0018.jpg

Looks warm...21 degrees
On a deep sand bar

OBN0344.jpg

Upvote 26
You are my hero Joe, I'm missing the water so bad, I'll someday have that drysuit and be able to hunt more in the water, Home sweet water home.
I was talking to a guy last night that's from Maryland that was asking me for help on his Deus (i meant him on a closed Facebook group) Tim L. He was telling me a story after I told him about my love of water hunting. He said there is this guy in his metal detecting club that was sharing his 2015 finds of 300 plus rings. I asked him, how many were gold, he said I don't remember, allot. Then it clicked, I asked him if his name was Joe P. oldbeachnut. He goes, " wow, do you know him" Haaaaaaaaaa Of course I do lol ha I have hunted with him. I was cool by association!
Nice finds brother, thanks again for all your help for me, I look forward to hunting with you in the future.

Excellent results so far.
Nice to see so many recoveries from the water this early in the year. Your must have one of those new fangled heated dry suit. lol
Congrats
I do have one that is heated, on the last hunt my left foot heater went out early so I had one warm foot and one cold. Lucky the hunt was going well..

Richardson...START for the year?!?! I'd love to finish the year with those gold rings total!! Congrats
Yes, 2016. You live near Chicago it is possible Great place to hunt.

Skip....Dang OBN! That's just SICK!!! Love it man! Looking forward to my first water hunt in two weeks. Hope I can get some of that.
smiley.gif
Good Luck Skip, It's there! And you've done it before!

Brad....You are my hero Joe, I'm missing the water so bad, I'll someday have that drysuit and be able to hunt more in the water, Home sweet water home.
I was talking to a guy last night that's from Maryland that was asking me for help on his Deus (i meant him on a closed Facebook group) Tim L. He was telling me a story after I told him about my love of water hunting. He said there is this guy in his metal detecting club that was sharing his 2015 finds of 300 plus rings. I asked him, how many were gold, he said I don't remember, allot. Then it clicked, I asked him if his name was Joe P. oldbeachnut. He goes, " wow, do you know him" Haaaaaaaaaa Of course I do lol ha I have hunted with him. I was cool by association!
Nice finds brother, thanks again for all your help for me, I look forward to hunting with you in the future.
Thanks Brad! I know Tim L.. Very Good hunter with the CTX, maybe the best in the club on land. Yes..this Summer coming when the water warms. Stay Warm Buddy!

You are scary good!

You bend the curve so much, the rest of us are just confused...

Best of luck to you!

Damn Joe you're just awesome with your Excal!!!

Your like a modern day pirate with all the treasure you dig up :skullflag: ! I would love to see all the gold and silver you have found over the years :thumbsup:! Great start and I hope it gets even better :headbang: .
Glen

Temps have been very easy on us here at the Ocean and Treasures are still moving with the Northeast winds. My Best start since being in the hobby, hopefully it will continue. Seventeen days into the year, Nine Gold rings, 2 gold ear rings.. 37 Silver n Sterling's ....17 gone, 349 more days to Go for 2016!

Thanks for Looking and Stay Warm!

View attachment 1261499

Looks warm...21 degrees
On a deep sand bar

View attachment 1261508

What a start !

Congrats OBN :thumbsup: :notworthy:

PS : didn't know you were romantic....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back