Great Tip From A Local.....almost

ac385

Jul 26, 2005
Ga
I thought I had a good tip from a local lady concerning a good spot to find points. Her response to my inquiry went something like this.

“Oh my kids used to find lots of them over in the field next to our house, they would just walk around and pick them up off the ground. It used to be some meeting place or lodge or something like that. Of course now they built a Wal-Mart there so I guess that doesn’t help you much.”

Doh :(

Upvote 0
P

pickaway

If there are any creeks near it check them out.Yep Const.destroys a ton of sites around here houses are going up everywhere has slowed somewhat since the economy went south.Keep on lookin...

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also check all around, some of these campsites were larger than we think.
Good Luck.

Molly.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Just an idea, but if they dozed up or scraped the top layer of dirt while building the parking lot/building, they might have simply dumped it elsewhere. It might pay to ask about where they dumped any earth removed by the construction crew - you could then sift through that and who knows? The other suggestions are good too.
Oroblanco

SoIll

Oct 6, 2008
Il
I don't know about you guys, but everytime I've asked permission on a construction site the answer is no. Either they're afraid you'll actually find something significant, or they're worried about liability.

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
SoIll said:
I don't know about you guys, but everytime I've asked permission on a construction site the answer is no. Either they're afraid you'll actually find something significant, or they're worried about liability.
actually.. they are afraid you'll find some evidence of native american occupation, and that evidence may halt construction at that moment. they have deadlines and any delay is not good for them. i beleive there is a law of some sort that says the land must be surveyed prior to construction being approved in case of burials, but then you have to throw in politics, and bada bada!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread