Green Pepper Boats

M

MiniMe

Tried a different way of making the traditional stuffed green peppers tonight. Thought it turned out really good. Great for those that like the filling but don't want to eat a whole green pepper.

1 lb. ground chuck (or any ground meat..venison, sausage, etc.)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 Tbsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 8oz. cans tomato sauce
1 cup cooked white rice
3 to 4 green peppers, cut in half and cleaned
1 cup mozzeralla cheese
3/4 cups Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup of butter

P3090047.JPG

Heat olive oil in skillet, add ground meat and onion. Cook until meat is browned, drain fat. Return meat to pan, add oregano, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper, rice and 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce. Mix and cook over medium heat 5 minutes to warm.
P3090049.JPG P3090052.JPG

Cut peppers in half, clean out seeds and white veins. In a steamer, steam peppers for 4 minutes. Run under cold water to stop cooking, drain.

P3090053.JPG P3090054.JPG

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put the other 8 oz. can of tomato sauce in small sauce pan and warm. Spray 13x9 pan with cooking spray, lay out peppers and begin assembly. Fill with meat & rice mixture. Spoon a layer of warmed tomato sauce over meat, top with mozzarella cheese. Spray a piece of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray (so cheese won't stick) cover and bake 40 minutes.

P3090057.JPG P3090058.JPG P3090060.JPG

While baking, melt butter in small sauce pan, add bread crumbs and stir until moistened, remove from heat.
P3090055.JPG

Remove peppers from oven, uncover, top peppers with bread crumbs. Put back in oven for 10 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown. When done, spoon tomato sauce over peppers when plated.

P3090065.JPG
And the result:

P3090070.JPG
P3090071.JPG

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

LOL. Now can I have a chef hat to go with my chef's coat.... :D :D :D LOL Thanks Nick, hope you like it. ;)

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Gypsy O' Leary said:
Excellent Job Mini....But maybe we could all chip in and Buy civil a table...or a tray .... :D...

:D :D :D LOL....if he'd move all the bullets off the table in front of him, he'd be fine....he's also got a 6 foot long countertop behind him...and that is covered with books...the tray is used for display. :D

Please...no more tables...means more stuff that needs to be displayed. Pretty soon, I'll be lucky if I can find him in that room. :D :D There is a table in our dinning room, but it doesn't have a computer setting at it, so that won't work...LOL ;D so that leaves the human tray...the lap :D :D :D Besides that, as fast as that man devours food, he's not uncomfortable for long. :D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread