Greetings from sunny Southern California - Bounty Hunter 2200

Ericcson006

Apr 16, 2017
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

Well, I just bought a used Bounty Hunter 2200 from a cool dude in Orange County. :headbang: yes, that emoji is kinda what he looked like. This guy was in deep into beach metal detectoring. Great stories. ( He had moved on from the BH 2200 long time past. )
My, ahem, previous detector was/is the Harbor Freight 9-function bought with a 25% coupon. Say what you will, it works. I brought it to a local beach for my son's a Boy Scout camp out. The fun was going around with a bunch of eager Scouts, finding a target and then saying "dig here". What did I find? I found a way to kill a couple of hours while keeping kids engaged and busy. (Also some coins and iron junk). And yes, from now I will require them to wear gloves if digging again.

Anyway, I used the HF detector a few times at mountain lake beaches and found a few more coins. But I couldn't help feel self conscious using HF detector. Pride got the better of me, that and the need for a waterproof search coil and digital rejection readout, so I upgraded. If anyone has sage advice on using Bounty Hunter 2200, I'm all ears. And I know there will be a few who's advice is " toss it and buy a REAL detector!" (I said I'm all ears, not all money) . I'm content to use what I have for now and learn.

So here I go....stay tuned....

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting