Greetings from sunny Southern California - Bounty Hunter 2200

Ericcson006

Apr 16, 2017
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

Well, I just bought a used Bounty Hunter 2200 from a cool dude in Orange County. :headbang: yes, that emoji is kinda what he looked like. This guy was in deep into beach metal detectoring. Great stories. ( He had moved on from the BH 2200 long time past. )
My, ahem, previous detector was/is the Harbor Freight 9-function bought with a 25% coupon. Say what you will, it works. I brought it to a local beach for my son's a Boy Scout camp out. The fun was going around with a bunch of eager Scouts, finding a target and then saying "dig here". What did I find? I found a way to kill a couple of hours while keeping kids engaged and busy. (Also some coins and iron junk). And yes, from now I will require them to wear gloves if digging again.

Anyway, I used the HF detector a few times at mountain lake beaches and found a few more coins. But I couldn't help feel self conscious using HF detector. Pride got the better of me, that and the need for a waterproof search coil and digital rejection readout, so I upgraded. If anyone has sage advice on using Bounty Hunter 2200, I'm all ears. And I know there will be a few who's advice is " toss it and buy a REAL detector!" (I said I'm all ears, not all money) . I'm content to use what I have for now and learn.

So here I go....stay tuned....

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome to Tnet! Happy hunting :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back