Greetings from the Redneck Riviera

PullTabProphet

Mar 17, 2014
West FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, another noob...kinda. Haven't MD'd in over 18 or so yrs. and oddly enough, only as part of my job but started to get the bug over the last year to do it for a hobby. To add to that, my 8 yr. old daughter watches the NatGeo show and was on me to get her a detector. I figured it was something we could do together and I got her a Bounty Hunter Pilot and after a little research, settled on an AT Pro for myself.

I've had it for about a week now and pulled a whopping 3 dimes outta the ground...and a million and a half Pull tabs :laughing7: at least, that's how it feels right now!

Anyways, I live in a pretty good area/State for detecting so I hope to be relieving the burden of all those coins and jewelry off the back of Mother Earth shortly. :tongue3:
I look forward to enjoying this forum and the vast amount of collected experience & knowledge many of the members here possess.

Thanks for having me on board.

PTP

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard PTP! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Lynne G. Peck

Dec 14, 2013
Vero Beach Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrtee AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Pulltabprophet, Read the owners manual over and over and over, then get out there and practice, practice and practice. I have had my AT Pro for about three months now and you would have a hard time prying it out of my hands. I go out every morning for about 2 hours. I'm 80 years young so two hours is about the limit for swinging a coil for me. Yesterday morning I came home with 42 coins and this morning I came home with 19 coins. In the three months I have had it I have pulled up well over three hundred coins just out of parks, play grounds, school yards. and etc. Learn to use the "Roll Tone" feature in the Pro mode and it will save you a bunch of digging bottle caps and pull tabs. When I first got mine I was digging up 20/30 bottle caps and now I hardly every dig one up. This morning I pulled up 2. I have owned several high dollar detectors with all the bells and gongs but my AT Pro out preforms all of them hands down. Enjoy, LYNNE

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love the pro and the gold from Garrett. I love my AT Gold. Welcome to the forum and the best little hobby to have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread