Greetings, from the Wolverine State!!!!

Mar 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:laughing7:Steve, the water hunter, saying HI,Y'ALL,, from Michigan.....I just got my left hip replaced last Wednesday, I'm getting in shape for water DEE-TECTING this summer in Michigan!!!!...I use a Garrett 1350 GTA, for the dry, and my trusty Fisher 1280X with an 8 inch coil, for the wet!!!!...We have LOTS of plans fer detecting some Michigan beaches this summer. i live right across the street from Lake Michigan, amen!!!!....I'm starting all over again, getting into the ranks of serious detectorists.....First, in 2011, a much unwanted divorce came my way; the same year, the first of 2 back surgeries,SAME TIME as my divorce, THEN my second back surgery(lumbar fusion) in 2014, THEN, my right hip replacement in August of 2016, and WHEWW, FINALLY, my left hip replacement, just 5 days ago, on 2-28....It's been SEVEN YEARS, full of pain, and mental misery, mostly because of osteoarthritis going nutz in my body, and....Of course, that damned divorce didn't help....They tell me it's a wonder I'm walking, at all.....I HAFTA GET OUT THERE, to prevent all you's guys from finding everything, ya know???I'm hoping my surgeries are in the past now, I have a GREAT wife now (LOVES DETECTING TOO!!),AND A GREAT CHURCH FAMILY, AND MUSIC, 2018 makes 53 years, I've played guitar!!!!ONWARD AND UPWARD, BROTHERS AND SISTERS, YAAAAA HOOOOO!!!

Last edited:
howdy steve, from indy

Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Steve! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Michigan for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome from Mississippi and good luck. I've had my left hip replaced twice. My only advice is. Don't rush recovery and a Plus is water therapy. I don't mean to sound like a doctor but it takes time. Good luck.:thumb_up:

Welcome from the upper peninsula along the shores of lake superior.

Welcome fellow Michigander! Help those guys find the gold railroad car in Lake Michigan so we can all watch something be found that actually has value!

A Big Welcome to you from Georgia. So glad things are turning around for you. I m a retired Firefighter and a bi lateral hip replacement patient. I had my left hip replaced at age 40 in 96 and my right hip replaced in 01 at age 45. Still going strong, I just don't run anymore. You will do fine and as you are already familiar with rehab from your first surgery, you'll be familiar with all the do's and don'ts. You'll do well and will be out diving and swimming before you know it. By the time warm weather arrives you will be ready. Take Care, Welcome to the Tnet forum, and God's Speed.

:hello: Hello and Welcome from Southeast Louisiana... "D"

Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Welcome from Corsicana, Texas!

Welcome from Northern Virginia :icon_thumright:

Welcome aboard from CT!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back