Ledster

Mar 3, 2016
in the desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi 8-)
Ledster here, I've been interesting in gold prospecting and came across this site. This is the most informative site I've seen. I live in NM in the middle of no where, land here is untouched. I want to invest in a good detector to pick up nuggets, coins, etc. I'm surrounded by arrowheads if you walk you can find them. However, I'm more interested in gold, I have a geological survey bulletin that tells you where it is in maps. I have a river at the end of my yard. Hey there's nobody here but me..sure you could find some cool stuff in it.
IMG_0360.JPG
And right now I want to do this on a shoe string because I'm unemployed, would love a Garrett, Fisher, Tesoro, though gotta start cheap. I know someone out there knows of a good cheap detector I can start with. Happy to be here and hope to connect with a lot of groovy treasure hunters out there.

Thanks!
Ledster

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNet!

Cheap, don't get cheap!
See if you can find a mid-o-line unit from those companies you list,
but find it at a pawn shop, or eBay or.....whatever, get something that you can (effectively)
start finding good stuff asap...!!
But for Gold Prospecting only, then get the Fisher Research Labs Gold Bug Pro or the Fisher's Gold Bug II are proven.
Tesoro's machine, the Lobo is a good gold machine, too..., but with Lifetime Warranty.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Ledster

Ledster

Mar 3, 2016
in the desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks! You inspire me to take what little coin I have left, take the risk and just go for it. :thumbsup:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! You inspire me to take what little coin I have left, take the risk and just go for it. :thumbsup:

...yes, and you won't have to upgrade, and re-learn a NEW machine!
Cheaper over all.
If you want reliable, get what they use, well, they aren't necessarily using super exspensive machines,
they use the FAVORITES, most popular, rather deep-seeking units.
Watch some videos that have the detectors that you are considering, see what features they have.
Are they VERSATILE? ....meaning can it do coin-shooting, relic hunting, gold prospecting, toughness, light-weight,
good design - is it a hit-the-ground-running-type of machine...??

Not one machine can do that all, well, so you see many detectorists, that have been doing it years, have more than one machine...!

OP
OP
Ledster

Ledster

Mar 3, 2016
in the desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So little time so many to choose from..:laughing7: I've been researching detectors for eons it seems, read so many reviews. What I can afford right now for a newbie like me is a used teknetics delta 4000.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread