Sandman is correct (as usual)...There are many ways to hunt a beach.....In front of high dollar condos I will grid them sometimes, it is easier for me since I always use at least the WOT 15 inch coil on my Excal or the SEF Butterfly 15x18 inch coil on my Sovereign..
Sometimes I will also walk the water line in a short "W" pattern to see where the targets seem to concentrate.
I will also walk bigger "W" patterns and when I hit a target I will spiral out from it looking for more targets in that area dragging my scoop so I can maintain the proper spiral.
I try to read the beach, looking for cuts, holes and depressions and area with concentrations of heavier shells and objects. Reading the shallow water to watch how the water acts will reveal holes that I will hunt,
In the water I try to concentrate on the area where I see the most people at and hunt those areas first.....When I find a good target in the water I will work slow and spiral out from it as well to see if maybe there are more in that area......
Good luck and good hunting..........
There are many different zones to a beach, and many different ways to read the zones.............