Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I had the best three hour hunt this morning of my life! No gold or jewerly but lots of digging. I got on site at 8:00am and there was just enough light to start hunting. I left at 11;00 with a smile on my face. My total was 38 dropped musket balls, 6 napoleanic buttons(one regiment ),two musket flints .One of the flints was on top of the ground without any lead wraping.4 coins ,one is a little silver one dated 1737! :) I also found a scabbard tip which was a cool surprise. I am gonna try to make it back up there Thursday if there is no snow on the ground. Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas. :)

Attachments

• Dec23$03all.jpg
    Dec23$03all.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 454
  • Dec23$011737.jpg
    Dec23$011737.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 486
  • Dec23$02french.jpg
    Dec23$02french.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 456
Upvote 0
Unbelievable - 6 napoleonic buttons! Conrgrats on so old silver coin too.

I am in the bed this Christmas with 39°C_ hope to get out next week

Anyway Merry Christmas for all here and HH

Sand

Outstanding! You are very lucky to hunt an area where these kind of finds are almost the norm...almost!

wow - nice!

hh

Lonewolfe

Awesome finds Bman, congrats! I will be commuting and take a small apartment there. HH, Mike

Excellent digs! Wow!1737 Is this your oldest silver to date? Just love the old coins and relics you recover over there.Best of luck on your return hunt. HH!
My best to you and yours during the holidays.

Nothing but "sweet" BM....Still shakin' my head!!!!

Outstanding Bird!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Hal

Very nice finds, love the old silver and also the buttons.

Groundfisher, my oldest readable one is a tiny silver 1720 coin that I found about two months ago.I have not Id' ed many of these old coins most are in bad shape and some still need cleaning. I think I have only found about 20 silver coins in the last two years but some are pretty old. :)I just started finding more of the older stuff in the last 6 months. A friend turned me on to an area that is full of history but it is an hour drive away but worth it.I also found a hot spot not far from here but the fields are all planted right now. Happy Hunting/Happy Holidays. :)

Very nice Digs, Birdman, WTG!!!
WoW!!!, 1720, thats getting back to the stone age... ;D
Continued good luck, and have a very Merry Christmas!

1737! :o Bird!!! 8) And all those buttons too! :o

Bet you was doin that happy dance!

Awesome finds!!

Merry Christmas!

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back