What's new

Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this weeks

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
4,715
Reaction score
6,220
Golden Thread
6
Location
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

This has been an unexpectedly productive site with 3 separate hotspots so far.
 

Attachments

  • coin spill site 1.webp
    coin spill site 1.webp
    384.4 KB · Views: 1,891
  • coin spill site 2.webp
    coin spill site 2.webp
    330.7 KB · Views: 1,875
Upvote 0
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

BosnMate said:
Next to the 13 button, and below the arrow head is what looks to me like an imported English gun flint.

Yep, that was a gun flint I eyeballed recently in the middle of the button hotspot.
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

DMN said:
Is that a hoe or an adze? And I like the little cannon too! Won't talk about the silver though. TOo choked up with envy! :thumbsup:

That's what's left of a small hoe after electrolysis.
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

Man...must be nice. Great finds.
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

Wonderful collection of artifacts. I thought I viewed an example of a sutler token in the group. It does not seem that anyone questioned you on that and I thought you might tell us what it says and maybe a picture of it by itself. I happen to liked tokens and the history behind them.
Help us out.

Bond
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

The utterly amazing thing to me is that you have found both halfs of that Corolius III! Is it 1789?
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

Amazing... Simply Amazing!!! I would love to find some of those items, but what a hual. Big CONGRATS :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

Tuberale said:
The utterly amazing thing to me is that you have found both halfs of that Corolius III! Is it 1789?

Great catch Tuberale!!! I had no idea they were matching pieces. I do know they were found about 50-75 ft apart in the coin spill area. I've found multiple cut pieces at a number of different sites, but this is the first time I've found 2 that match - thanks to you!! Here's a couple pics so you can see they definitely came from the same coin. Thanks again for that brilliant observation.
 

Attachments

  • cut piece1.webp
    cut piece1.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,149
  • cut piece2.webp
    cut piece2.webp
    59 KB · Views: 1,149
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

Unbelievable hunt :notworthy: That needs to be on top :hello:
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

BondJamesBond said:
Wonderful collection of artifacts. I thought I viewed an example of a sutler token in the group. It does not seem that anyone questioned you on that and I thought you might tell us what it says and maybe a picture of it by itself. I happen to liked tokens and the history behind them.
Help us out.

Bond

Yes Bond, that is indeed a sutler's token. On the obverse it reads "G. McAlpin - Sutler - 11 Penn Cavalry", and a "10" is stamped on the reverse. I'm attaching a couple pics right after it was dug. And the link below shows all the details on a high quality example. Hope this helps ..... Bill

http://coins.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=427&lotNo=81836
 

Attachments

  • 110311f.webp
    110311f.webp
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,065
  • 110311f.webp
    110311f.webp
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,076
  • 110311g.webp
    110311g.webp
    75 KB · Views: 1,072
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

Amazing Finds,

Well Done.

Happy Hunting,

Dan
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

Wow!
Man, is that a lot of killer stuff, that Spanish Silver shore looks nice!
Carl
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

Finding cut early Spanish is fairly commonplace. Finding both pieces of the same coin? BANNER!
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

This site is going to continue to keep producing. Banner finds for sure. I can't wait to see what else you find.

Golden Silver
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

Great stuff Bill, you need to get our blood going with a video fix of some of that terrific colonial stuff coming out of the ground, A very 'productive' site indeed :occasion14:
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

Awesome Haul!!! :notworthy:
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

{Sentinel} said:
Great stuff Bill, you need to get our blood going with a video fix of some of that terrific colonial stuff coming out of the ground, A very 'productive' site indeed :occasion14:

I'd like to do some video Josh but have not had much success with that in the past. I need to find a way to secure a camera to a hat, detector, etc, instead of trying to hold it in one hand while digging with the other. I know there are a lot of different ways of doing that, but just haven't taken the time to make it happen. Maybe one day ....

Thanks for your comments ..... Bill
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

:o Wow Bill, that is an incredible bunch of finds, very nice


:icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

Wow !!!! that a great spot !!!!!
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

:laughing7:Wow what a spot you have there!!!!
 
Re: Group shot of finds from the coin spill site including this week's

Great saves! You should be doing some videos of this.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom