GTAX 550, GTP 1350 or GTI 1500

What type of hunting are you going to do and which will you do the most? Coin , jewelry, relics, meteorites, gold, school yards, sports fields, civil war sites, woods, picnic grounds, beaches salt/freshwater. Certain metal detectors excel in certain areas more then others. A lot of people who have a variety of metal detecting interests also own more then one machine.

Below is a graph to give you some further things to take into consideration......

Checks = HIGHLY RECOMENDED
Circles = RECOMENDED

Attachments

• applicationschart.jpg
    applicationschart.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,544
What do the black circles mean? By that it seems that the 1350 and the 1500 are equal. Those are the main two I am considering. Why pay more for the 1500? By the way I mostly coin hunt. Thanks for the chart, it did help.

i have a 1350 Ive had it a month now and like it . my reason for gitting it over the 1500 is the only thing different is the display and imaging and if your going with imaging you might as well get the 2500. Ive had silver with my 1350 and it is pretty accurate with different coins that Ive found but i mostly relic hunt it does a good job at it to just my 2 cents HH

Diggin in GA. said:
What do the black circles mean? By that it seems that the 1350 and the 1500 are equal. Those are the main two I am considering. Why pay more for the 1500? By the way I mostly coin hunt. Thanks for the chart, it did help.

Check again.....I just just answered you question on the same graph.

That graph had a GTI 1350 but not a GTP 1350. Was that just a typo? I'm also considering a GTP 1350 or a GTI 2500. I really am just looking for more depth compared to my ACE 250. I can figure a detector out and learn the different signals pretty well but with the extra coils that one can buy which of these is going to have the greater depth?

It is a typo on the graph as there is no GTI 1350. The 1500 and 2500 are deeper by about 20% than the cheaper 1350. Still they all are good detectors and it just depends on what you want out of the hobby as the GTI's have more features.

Chart Oddity

I've always found that chart odd in one respect: it shows the CX Plus not suitable for prospecting. I have both the CX Plus and the GTI 1500 so I can use both or either if I ever get back into electronic prospecting. It would seem that with its all metal mode, the CX Plus would be better than the GTI 1500 with its zero discrim. Maybe the Power Master circuitry and latest chip in the 2500/1500 make the 1500 better than the CX Plus for prospecting.

THese are all good detectors. It just depends on what kind of features you want, where you hunt, what you hunt, etc. The 1250 ( no longer made )/1350/1500 are one and the same machine except for the imaging on one and the profiling on the other. The 550 is a good, basic, machine and has been around for a spell and still selling. I field tested it a long time ago and you can read that test at losttreasure.com

The other two of course are a little more current with a lot more features and technology. The 1350 is a good all around detector while the 1500 was specifically designed for coinshooting and is tough to beat in that department. The profiling on one and the imaging on the other will soon spoil you for wanting other machines. None of these would be a waste of money. Just depends on what you want to spend and what kind of features you prefer.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back