GTI 1500

i've had mine now for a couple months and love it, the "size imaging" is awesome. i started off with a gta 1000 and when i purchased the gta 1500 and it was a real time saver. its great knowing if something is a non-coin sized object before i dig. if you've never used any of the gta or GTI series i gotta warn ya they are a little heavier than other models out there, they weight about 4.2 lbs. which is about twice that of the ace series. the pinpointing and target accuracy is right on and the size imaging feature is awesome. these machines are "turn on and go" units with auto ground balance, they also have a back light for nite hunting. i'm very pleased with mine and garrett is great to deal with if ya would have any problems with your machine.
good luck and HH

I have one of these GTI 1500 and it hasn't been used in years. Once I had trouble with it and so I sent it in to Garrett. It came back with the problem fixed but it was not the same. Its preformance sucked so I retired it. Many would have sold it on ebay, but I don't want another guy to get stuck with my GTI 1500. They must make them better now, but I have moved on to many others. For light weight I use the Tejon, but have ordered the AT Pro.

It's an excellent coin shooter. The imaging feature is a real time savor, as you can only dig the coin sized objects. The Imaging feature works good until about 6 inches, at which point it's accuracy diminishes. The GTI 2500 would be the better choice if you also like digging relics. It has a true all metal mode which has better depth then the GTI 1500 and can be manually ground balanced. For hunting parks, sports fields and other common areas for more recent drops, the GTI 1500 is a killer.

Attachments

• GTI 1500 controls (2).jpg
    GTI 1500 controls (2).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 274
  • canadian coin setting.jpg
    canadian coin setting.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 263
The GTI was my first detector that I really liked. But you gotta consider where I was coming from, an old Heathkit Groundtrack that I built from a kit, which worked pretty well but didn't get much depth, especially in higher discrimination settings which I used for coin hunting and a Bounty Hunter Quickdraw IV and a Time Ranger which don't even count. They're not even in the ball park with my Ace250. There's just something about the imaging on the 1500 that's addictive. Like was said before, it's awesome, especially when using it for the purpose it was built for and that's coinshooting. You can definitely hunt without it , since I do with my 250 and I have even gotten pretty good at determining size when pinpointing with it. But still miss the imaging. My GTI1500 is still my main detector with the Ace250 with all three coils my backup. Love that little sniper coil on the Ace250 in the really trashy areas. I think you'll like the 1500 even though Sandman seems to have had a bad experience with it. I know it's maybe not the deepest , quickest or the lightest, but it is well balanced and you can sure have fun coin shooting with it and you don't have to rob a bank to buy one!

I love Garreet Detectors. Sometimes there maybe a frsutration but after you learn it well that ends. :headbang: :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back