GTI 2500 owners help

BLB878

Jun 12, 2008
Rogers, AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, ace 250, x-terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own a GIT 2500. I just do not seem to get very good depth. I was just wondering what other 2500 users do differently. Sensitivity, scan speed etc.. I do not much like the AM mode. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to own one and never could get the hang of it, it was super heavy, falsed alot in the soil conditions I hunted. First thing change the suggested sens. take it down at least 2 notches. When trying to get an accurate depth reading you have to sweep the coil a (full coil length) past on each side of the target. I never got it right and had to turn off the voice because the stupid thing would lie to me all the time. There are a lot of folks that love the machine and have had great luck cache hunting with them. Personally after the first time I dug over 3feet and came up with a an old old type car wheel I sold it. Digging that deep in concrete soil to pull out junk was not a fun thing, especially when my mind was thinking treasure chest.

Someone who uses one will jump in.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't own mine anymore either. Suggest you turn down the sens some as in minerized soil having to much sens defeats the GB and you end up with less depth. Some ground you just can't turn up the sens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions