Guardian Angels

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several years ago, I was watching an interview program on TV that had the Country Music star, Ricky Skaggs as a guest. I don't recall if it was Ralph Emery on CMT or the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. During the interview, Ricky gave his testimony concerning something that happened to his son.

Several months before the appearance, his son was driving home in Tennessee late one night when he had a really bad car wreck; including a rollover. He became unconscious for a short time. When he regained consciousness, he was pinned in his seat by the steering wheel and bent steering column and dashboard. At that time, he saw a young, very muscular black man walk up to him and heard him say everything was going to be OK. The young guy reached into the car, through the windshield opening; grabbed ahold of the steering wheel and column; and pulled the whole assembly up off of his legs and pelvis area. That's when rescue people arrived and ran up to the driver's door of the car. The black guy stepped back out of the way while the rescue folks cut open the door and got Ricky's son out of the car and put him on a gurney. While the EMT's were loading him into the ambulance, his son asked them to let him talk to the black man so that he could thank him. The EMT's told him that there was no black guy there. When he told them that the man had saved him and was there when they had arrived. The rescue people then told him that there had been no one there when they drove up.

Later, when Ricky talked with his son, they figured out that the young black man with the bodybuilder's physical appearance was his Guardian Angel that he had met in a dream several months prior.

Fast forward to about the 16th of this past October. A local gentleman, to where I live, was returning to his home, in the country, while driving an MGA sportscar. It was his "hobby" car. Just as he was turning into his driveway, a car suddenly came up and hit him so hard that his car rolled over, trapping him beneath. His wife and a couple of men who were there, tried to roll the car back over off of him. They were not able to budge the thing. Out of nowhere, a young muscular black man walked up and helped the two men roll the MGA back over onto its wheels. The wife reported that they expected her husband to be dead until the car was back on its wheels and they heard him moan. The young black man put his hand on the woman's shoulder; called her by her married name and said that ," He's going to be OK." At that point in time, she and the 2 friends became very busy getting her husband medical care. I learned about this from a letter to the editor of our local newspaper in which the couple were asking for help in identifying the young black man because he simply walked away and they didn't get his name. The husband wishes to thank the young man personally. This couple has asked around in the local communities, black and white, and no one recognizes the description. The full description the couple gives is that he was a young, very muscular black man with a friendly smile and a shaved head. Now, wouldn't you think that the person described would stand out in anyone's mind and someone would recognize him? One more little piece of info is; somehow this couple managed to get a snapshot that included this black gentleman. They say that, somehow, they have lost that snapshot and cannot locate it, though they've searched hard for it.

When I read that letter in the newspaper describing the incident, I immediately thought of Ricky Skaggs' testimony concerning his son's Guardian Angel. I can't help but wonder. Do you suppose......?

What do you think?

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Let me tell you a true story that happened to me when I was around 19 yr's old. I was driving home from Houston Tex. to Cols. Ohio. and somewhere about 1/2 way to Ohio, it was maybe midnight and I was tired and falling asleep, I noticed my head was bobbing. Then I looked at the passenger side seat. There in the car with me was death. Setting upright with his boney hands crossed in his lap, looking at me with a boney skull out of the hoody black robe he was wearing. BELEAVE ME! This was the last thing I had on my mind at the time. But as I through up my arm in shock, I was wide awake. But within a mile I found a field to pull into off the highway and slept till morning. To me this was very real to have the angle of death save me. He didn't have his sickle with him! I was a lucky young man.

OP
OP
Shortstack

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monk:

I talked to alot of truck drivers while I was on the road and a few, including my trainer when I first started with J.B. Hunt, told me that they would catch glimpses out of the corner of their eye of someone riding in the right seat. Some said it was their relative, such as Grandpa, who'd passed on. My trainer told me that he thinks the one he saw in his truck was a Guardian Angel or Jesus. The reason he decided this was that the night it happened, he was traveling through a narrow pass with icy road and thick fog. He was pulling a 53 ft. trailer; loaded light and suddenly lost traction with the trailer wheels. The trailer started to come around on him, so he turned the steering tires with the spin to keep from jackknifing and keep the trailer in line with the cab to recover from the sliding. The trailer was lined up with the tractor and the entire rig did a 180 degree slide and was headed back in the direction he'd just left. The thing that made this paranormal was that the length of the rig was larger than the distance between the banks in the road cut he was traveling through. He told me that there was absolutely no way his truck / trailer could have spun around in that cut without hitting one or both of the roadbanks---but it did. Just as he was entering the cut, is when he caught a glimpse of someone riding in the right seat. He believes that person was either Jesus or a Guardian Angel.

T

trish76642

Oh yes, i believe i believe!
I had just got off a midnight shift one morning, i was sooo tired. It was in the middle of the summer. If anyone knows about working midnights, the drive home can be pretty tough when you've got the sun beaming in your face. I was fighting to keep myself awake.
The only thing i remember, i heard someone scream, "TRISH!!!" i had fallen asleep! When i heard my name i woke up! I was only inches from hitting a guard rail on top of a bridge i was driving over.....so yes there are Guardian angles, They saved my life.

IzArt

Nov 11, 2008
DC
Well I've never seen an angel,that I know of anyway, I did see a big person type shaped white thing standing by my bed one time, but I'm guessing that was just a kid waking up in the middle of the night and seeing things.

I have however had my mom visit me a couple of times. Actually specifically right before traffic accidents. A little background here, I don't drive, I don't know how to drive, the thought of driving doesn't scare me it's the other cars and big rigs careening into our car that scares me. These are the things I see in my head when we are in the car, especially on the highway, no one like that needs to be behind the wheel for everyone's safety (even if it does mean I would be driving 5 mph everywhere LOL) I've been in several accidents, none involving serious injury, but each time I was a passenger. The first some idiot decided that speeding up on the steep hill that was covered in black ice would be an excellent idea. I was in the back seat and my sister was leaning over to tell me something in my ear she saw the truck coming at us and screamed right in my ear, just in time for me to turn around and see the truck hit us right behind my seat.

Ever since I have not been a great passenger in a car, the more traffic there is and the smaller the lanes and the closer the big rigs get the more nervous I become. Needless to say I'm not the person you would want in the passenger seat when you are hydroplaning or anything like that.

Well there have been a few occasions where I was in the passenger seat when an accident happened. Right about the time when a panic attack should have started, you know that moment when everything slows down as the pickup you are in is hurtling into the ditch next to the road...that moment. I felt my mom's hands on my shoulders and a complete sense of calm/relaxation and great feeling of being loved came over me. I would have thought it was a guardian angel but she always had a specific way of rubbing her thumbs on my shoulders and I could feel her long fingernails, and I swear I could almost smell the nicotine on her fingers.

Who knows maybe it was my subconscious stepping in to stop me from having a complete melt down for my own good LOL

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
eh Spirit Guides/Guardian Angels same thing basically, I have never had a moment where my guide saved my life but I talk to my guide a lot. Especially when I am going through something tough he is like someone I can count on to show me the right way. Its hard to explain really. I meet him in meditation and its great.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
;D :coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: MY Guide is my older sister, who died, @ 4 years BEFORE I was even born
(we BOTH had the same "birth complications"... she died, I survived after 3 months in hospital going through a "stormy course"; medical records/nurses notes... LOL). Sometimes, it MAY be family members, even from WAY BACK... GGGGGG GrandMa/Pa. :wink:

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
Mermet brass pendulum; Aqua Locator (antique), Luddite Skeptic detector
IzArt said:
Well I've never seen an angel,that I know of anyway, I did see a big person type shaped white thing standing by my bed one time, but I'm guessing that was just a kid waking up in the middle of the night and seeing things.

No way, I saw the very same thing when I was a kid. And you can take that to the bank. Over my brother's bed. For what seemed an eternity I hid, hoping it would go away. No malice in it, just not the kind of thing you see and go "oh how lovely" in the middle of the night...!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:hello2: YEP! family members... my dad & uncle will "mutter" when I visit my mom... and sleep in the upstair bedroom, where she & dad... used to sleep; he "died" in 2004, my uncle a few years... PRIOR to that. They were BEST buddies, growing up... PRACTICAL jokers. I felt my big toe, being tugged, one night (last year), and I KNOW, it was Uncle Guy. HA! "Point" being is, Dad & Uncle Guy are "watching' over the house, and mom... MY older sister (who "died" in 1948 or so... I was born in 1951) is my
"guardian angel". We met for the FIRST time, in my NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE. She is STILL "watching"
over me, in a protective manner, like older sisters do... sometimes. :icon_thumleft: :hello2:

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I was just sharing my angel story the other day.

I was metal detecting in a city park. I was there for about 45 minutes when a man approached me and asked where he could buy fishing bait. I thought to myself, what a moron as there's a bait store at the top of the hill....so I pointed in that direction but he leave, just stood there when a woman approached me and asked what I'm doing...I told her Metal detecting...well the man left and the woman told me that 2 men had been watching me for a long time and she felt they were up to no good. I turned to thank her and she was *poof* gone...vanished.

I owe her one!

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas
I figured I might share a story here as well. I think im getting addicted to this part of the forum. ;D

Keep im mind, its been a while since I've heard this story, so the details are a little foggy.

when my mom was my age (17 or 18) she was in college, and for whatever reason, got very sick, and ended up in the hospital. There, she learned that she had several heart conditions (which still persist, and scare the crap outta me) so they kept her at the hospital for a while. I dont remember what it was, but she ended up getting something along the lines of pneumonia, and had a lot of trouble recovering. At one point, she actually died (no heartbeat, no breathing, nada.) and was revived. Anyway, she told me that whe that happened, she did see the "light". It was something like a long hallway, with a very bright, white light at the end. She said she took a step forward, towards the light, when a relative ( I cant remember which one, might have been a great-great grandmother) told her to stop, and go back, that it wasnt her time. As she said that, several other relatives emerged and said the same thing, so thats what she did. And then, she was revived in the hospital, and ended up staying there for, something like 3 or 4 months. Im not sure, but she said that she missed an entire semester of school.

simplemaninpr

Nov 27, 2009
The Mountains of Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
I never really thought much about "guardian angels" until very recently when I was contacted by a medium named "Jenna". She gave me a free horoscope reading that was impressive but, she wanted to reveal more in detail about my plantical alignment and would only do so if I gave her a small fee. I of course ignored her request and continue on life without further ado.

A month or so later, I was again emailed by "Jenna" and she told me that my guardian angel was called St Uriel. I googled this "GA" and found out that he was the same angel that buried Cain from the Cain and Abel story in the bible. Also, he was also the angel that protected Jesus's body in the tomb before his resurrection. Interesting enough to me anyway was that I had such a prestigious guardian angel. It is no wonder that I have survived as long as I have!

Ernest

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
My story isn't quite that dramatic, but it's something that's always stuck with me. When I was about 8 or 9, a thoroughly wicked kid a couple of years older lived next door, with his mother and an older brother and sister. One day when he was home alone he called me over and showed me a pistol that belonged to his brother. Then he explained the game of Russian roulette, loaded a single bullet, and gave the cylinder a spin. Pointing the gun away from himself, he pulled the trigger. Click. He spun it again, cocked it, and aimed it straight at my head. I was paralyzed with fear.

Just then I heard my mother loudly calling my name. "You get home right this minute!" she said.

I raced back to my house, and she caught me in her arms and held me close. "Are you okay?" she asked. "What have you been doing?" I told her what had happened, and she said, "Well, maybe you'd better just stay here for a little while— and don't you ever go back inside that boy's house again."

Many years later, she told me that just at that moment something or someone had said, "Call your child home. Call him now!" She said it was such a powerful and alarming experience at the time that, thinking back on it, she could never be sure whether it had been an audible voice or an inner warning, but she knew that I was in grave danger.

Nothing quite like that ever happened again, but I will always believe it was much more than a coincidence that brought me safely home that day.

ole_grisley

Nov 23, 2007
Lycomming Co Pa
Detector(s) used
treasure cove
WOW great stories here and I remember my dad telling me that when he was in Washington state he worked at a repair shop and one night they had to respond to a bad car wreck and the person was trappen in the car and they had no way to get the door pried open (Before jaws of life was used everywhere) when a large black man picked up my dad and another worker and set them aside he said let me and he just grabbed the door and put the other hand against the car and pullued it off like it was nothing, My dad started to say thank you and he was gone that fast.
I have had several ghost enconters my self and people laugh if you tell them about them. I saw the ghost of Devils Elbow in Owego NY 2 times the one made me almost wreck my Camaro.
anothe time MY Grandmother was having bad health problems and I was worried that she would not make it and I saw 3 Men? well they looked like monks and had hoods over thier faces and the voices sounded like men and they told me that she would live a long life and that my grandfather would go before her by close to 20 years and he died 10 years later and she died about 30 years later. I do beleive we can be concated by ghosts ? angels? or whatever they are.

idigdirt

Mar 15, 2006
Epworth, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Compass xp-pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Guardian and guiding angels. I've got a number of books on this topic and after much reading and crunching the numbers it is my contention that their with us right up till death....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread