What's new

Gucci From The Lake!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,884
Reaction score
47,442
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit one of my usual spots in the lake and came up with a fair amount of targets.

IMG_9767.webp


That's the second phony Cartier bracelet I've found. They sure give you a quick rush looking into the scoop!
IMG_9769.webp


Feeling kinda sad for John and Debi. It doesn't look like it lasted long between them. :dontknow:
IMG_9768.webp


The Gucci ring is a bit beat up, but way better than the junker rings I usually find .
IMG_9770.webp
IMG_9771.webp
IMG_9773.webp


I had high hopes for this ring, but alas, it's only stainless steel.
IMG_9772.webp


I got two wheaties, a 1950-d, and one I can't make out.
Glad to get the lure out of the swimming area also.

Met a really nice guy out there detecting. He's been hitting this particular beach for 22 years and says he's found hundreds of old silver coins there over the years.
Coincidentally, he lives just a few miles down the road from me.

Until the next adventure, good luck everybody!
 
Upvote 36
Nice finds. Neat padlock -- wonder what the story is. And that stainless ring is still pretty cool even if it isn't silver.
 
Note worthy amount of targets. Now you know that you have competition.
What machine was he running?
 
a quick looky on the web shows that a Gucci bee ring is typically about 300 bucks retail. It just shows that we're all in the wrong business and should have been selling gullible people things with a fancy pants name brand on it because people are dumb enough to pay a premium price. Melt value, if it's about 10 grams, which it's probably a little less, would be about 11 dollars.
 
a quick looky on the web shows that a Gucci bee ring is typically about 300 bucks retail. It just shows that we're all in the wrong business and should have been selling gullible people things with a fancy pants name brand on it because people are dumb enough to pay a premium price. Melt value, if it's about 10 grams, which it's probably a little less, would be about 11 dollars.
Even used the rings are worth a good sum.
Screenshot_20250822_080753_Chrome.webp
 
Even used the rings are worth a good sum.
I'll certainly agree with that. I'm just stating that a lot of people are all too willing to part with their money just because something has a fancy name brand on it, when in reality it's just a silver ring that has very little precious metal value.
 
MXrat you are doing outstanding :) Do you have any youtube videos ?
 
Thanks Gare!
No videos. I thought about doing them a while back but just didn't feel like fussing with it.
 
Thanks Gare!
No videos. I thought about doing them a while back but just didn't feel like fussing with it.
Good pictures still are the best way of showing off a recovery.
Videos sometimes captures the "HOLY #*#K" moments.🤣
 
Nice finds! I assume the "Cartier" bracelet is a fake?
 
Hit one of my usual spots in the lake and came up with a fair amount of targets.

View attachment 2221923

That's the second phony Cartier bracelet I've found. They sure give you a quick rush looking into the scoop!
View attachment 2221924

Feeling kinda sad for John and Debi. It doesn't look like it lasted long between them. :dontknow:
View attachment 2221925

The Gucci ring is a bit beat up, but way better than the junker rings I usually find .
View attachment 2221927View attachment 2221928View attachment 2221929

I had high hopes for this ring, but alas, it's only stainless steel.
View attachment 2221930

I got two wheaties, a 1950-d, and one I can't make out.
Glad to get the lure out of the swimming area also.

Met a really nice guy out there detecting. He's been hitting this particular beach for 22 years and says he's found hundreds of old silver coins there over the years.
Coincidentally, he lives just a few miles down the road from me.

Until the next adventure, good luck everybody!
You always find something my friend
 
Don’t write off the “fake”Cartier yet. Does it happen to say aldo cipullo on the inside ? There is a 1970 version of the love bracelet that is electroplated that still routinely sells for a few hundred. Just do a google search for aldo love bracelet. I found one a few years ago in a bag of thrift store jewelry. Still have it
Bob
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom