What's new

Gun ID??

johnrelichunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
grove city pa
Detector(s) used
whites spectrum
I found this in Charleston,Sc..Any ideas on age,type or value?I just looked at my post and had to take my screen size down to 50% to see the whole picture.Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    352.8 KB · Views: 1,270
I dont know but it looks like a great find. Is it non-dug?
 

Attachments

  • gunrelichunterTN.webp
    gunrelichunterTN.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 653
Upvote 0
Some more pics would be cool. Like a pic from different angle showing the firing mechanism.

I cant tell if its a muzzleloader or breech loading.
 
Upvote 0
That is a great piece!!Wish I could give ya some insight!
 
Upvote 0
It's called a buggy or carriage pistol. Don't know the make tho sorry.
 
Upvote 0
I think his is a more modern cartridge .22 calibre.



Thats no boot pistol. Wow it must be accurate as heck for a pistol.. Im sure someone will be along that knows.
 
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
It's called a buggy or carriage pistol. Don't know the make tho sorry.
[/quote

Right,thats what I had recalled
 
Upvote 0
Could also be a bicycle rifle.

Similar to Stevens Pocket Rifle and Stevens Hunter's Pet. Both were made in .22 and .32.
 
Upvote 0
I am sure it is a "buggy pistol" I have never seen one, but my Grandfather had a buggy rifle. .32 cal percussion, under hammer, Hopkins & Allen. Don't know what ever happened to it. He said merchants and county doctors put them in their buggys when they were out and about.
 
Upvote 0
ffuries said:
It would most likely be a rimfire versus a centerfire IMHO.

Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
I think he meant to say its cartridge (not percussion) when he said "centerfire"..
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom