Guns?

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
....Guns are made for One thing,and One thing only,that is to kill.
And cars are only good for running people and dogs over and axes are only good for killing people and trees ... right?

Your world view is rather ummm rather small? Perhaps if you tried using a gun, car or axe for something besides killing you might understand.

p.s. Guns don't kill people. People kill people with guns, axes, cars and a world of other objects including often with their hands. Time to chop all those deadly hands off?

I have never killed anyone with a gun or anything else even though I'm accomplished at driving a car, using an axe and handling guns. In fact the only time I've ever even considered the possibilty of killing someone was when I was driving a car. Cars kill a lot more people than guns do - maybe it's time to take everyone's keys away?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Guns are made for One thing,and One thing only,that is to kill.
All of mine are made to defend my loved ones, myself, my home, hunting, and target practice.

Last edited:

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
And cars are only good for running people and dogs over and axes are only good for killing people and trees ... right?

Your world view is rather ummm rather small? Perhaps if you tried using a gun, car or axe for something besides killing you might understand.

p.s. Guns don't kill people. People kill people with guns, axes, cars and a world of other objects including often with their hands. Time to chop all those deadly hands off?

I have never killed anyone with a gun or anything else even though I'm accomplished at driving a car, using an axe and handling guns. In fact the only time I've ever even considered the possibilty of killing someone was when I was driving a car. Cars kill a lot more people than guns do - maybe it's time to take everyone's keys away?
Cars do kill more people than guns. A gun is intended to save lives under threat of death.

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
You live in the shadow long enough , you quit considering what causes it.
What Chavez didn't ruin enough in Venezuela , Colombia is exploiting.
Pacifists pick leaves. And of course by being in the shadow so long see it as a good deal. Hey , it's better than before. And you live.
One of the rules for picking leaves is , no guns. Anyone ask the shadow why?
Yet part of the funds from cocaine , fuel war and violence through arms being acquired with them.

It is an armpit of the world. Brought to you by what? Pacifism or defense?
When it's your turn to pick leaves , pick them with a passion. After all , it's what your country is about.
Wow...OK....
I've fired pistols, rifles, shotguns many times with out killing anything, and without even trying to kill anything. You know not of what you speak.

Weak Sauce,man.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow...OK....

Weak Sauce,man.
To the cartels you either pick leaves , or be a leaf.
Who where you are is not a leaf awaiting thier/ your turn to be picked for whatever meager value exists to be extracted , or to simply fall?
Even those steering the pickers are leaves themselves. Subject to the whims of others.

The WOW is about who is in charge. And why.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the cartels you either pick leaves , or be a leaf.
Who where you are is not a leaf awaiting thier/ your turn to be picked for whatever meager value exists to be extracted , or to simply fall?
Even those steering the pickers are leaves themselves. Subject to the whims of others.

The WOW is about who is in charge. And why.
My guess is that there is a VPN involved here, just like someone supposedly was from Mexico at one time.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow...OK....

Weak Sauce,man.
I think where the disconnect comes is the definition of pacifist.

Traditionally the definition of pacifist is:
"Someone who opposes war or violence as a means of settling disputes."
That describes, for the most part, my own belief in a pacifist philosophy and lifestyle.

I've studied the philosophy of pacifism and I've never encountered a form of pacifism that revolves around rejection of physical objects like guns. All the pacifist philosophies I'm aware of center on the effects of an individual's actions on other men's right to a peaceful existence.

Since the term "pacifism" is well established in the English language if you are going to use the word to mean something other than what is commonly understood it's incumbent on you to provide your own new definition so we can understand what you are trying to communicate.

In your own terminology we aren't looking for mor Sauce because so far there has been no Sauce on offer from your writing. So pony up - bring your Sauce.

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003

That describes, for the most part, my own belief in a pacifist philosophy and lifestyle.

I've studied the philosophy of pacifism and I've never encountered a form of pacifism that revolves around rejection of physical objects like guns. All the pacifist philosophies I'm aware of center on the effects of an individual's actions on other men's right to a peaceful existence.

Since the term "pacifism" is well established in the English language if you are going to use the word to mean something other than what is commonly understood it's incumbent on you to provide your own new definition so we can understand what you are trying to communicate.

In your own terminology we aren't looking for mor Sauce because so far there has been no Sauce on offer from your writing. So pony up - bring your Sauce.
main-qimg-4ecd2eaee762ea9fc403d31169f6c244 copy.jpg

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So what does a photoshopped picture of a British lawyer (Gandhi) have to explain about your views on pacifism?

You realize he was a major recruiter for soldiers in WWI? Here's what he had to say about that:

"To bring about such a state of things we should have the ability to defend ourselves, that is, the ability to bear arms and to use them... If we want to learn the use of arms with the greatest possible dispatch, it is our duty to enlist ourselves in the army."

Granted he refused to participate as a soldier in the war he promoted but he had no problem encouraging others to use guns in their defense. Which fits the common definition of pacifism.

This is what you call Sauce?

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
So what does a photoshopped picture of a British lawyer (Gandhi) have to explain about your views on pacifism?

You realize he was a major recruiter for soldiers in WWI? Here's what he had to say about that:

"To bring about such a state of things we should have the ability to defend ourselves, that is, the ability to bear arms and to use them... If we want to learn the use of arms with the greatest possible dispatch, it is our duty to enlist ourselves in the army."

Granted he refused to participate as a soldier in the war he promoted but he had no problem encouraging others to use guns in their defense. Which fits the common definition of pacifism.

This is what you call Sauce?
I would guess being a War Dog is not being a Pacifist.Some go to War.some don't.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good one,once again Clay.

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I did 20+ years in the Army (Combat Arms) and I have never shot anybody. I consider myself a "pacifist", but if somebody threatens me or a loved one with serious bodily harm, they will get my full wrath of whatever it takes.

Back on subject if I find a gun "modern" vintage I will turn it in. Pre 1921 I will keep.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stoneshirt go back and read the title to this thread.
You are running the thread off track. It says nothing about how do you feel about guns. It is about what you do when you find one.
All the ones I have found were rusted beyond any recoverable serial numbers. If I found one that had serial numbers I would turn it in to the police.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stoneshirt go back and read the title to this thread.
You are running the thread off track. It says nothing about how do you feel about guns. It is about what you do when you find one.
All the ones I have found were rusted beyond any recoverable serial numbers. If I found one that had serial numbers I would turn it in to the police.
Good advice,Tnmountains!!

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Good one,once again Clay.

What would Ghandi have said to Jim Corbett for killing cats preying on India's residents by using guns to relieve those in fear of cats? That he should not?

He probably wouldn't give an "opinion" to that M/F TROPHY HUNTER.He just about drove the Tigers into EXTINCTION.I lived in India.I know more than someone relying on Wiki for their World Views.He didn't "save India" the Tigers live in a very small part of India,and rub Elbows with the poor Woodcutters,trying to make a Living.

Attachments

• http _a.amz.mshcdn.com_wp-content_uploads_2015_11_india-8.jpg
    http _a.amz.mshcdn.com_wp-content_uploads_2015_11_india-8.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 27

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread