had a GOOD day despite the drought we are having!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted a 1903 farm house today, and even with the dry ground I found some good stuff!

old excelsior button, I think it is civil war era

5 wheaties 1916, 1919 (3), 1920, had a 3 coin spill with two 1919's and the 1916, so that was cool

1907 V nickel.......MY FIRST EVER!!!! I almost did NOT dig this, it was a horrible signal on my ace 250 bouncing from foil to pulltab, but It said 6 inches deep and I dug, boy I was pumped to see the "V"

something that I am not sure what it is say napoleon emperor on it..........??? same size as a penny, any ideas?

plus here is a pic of the house

S6300629.jpg

8-23-08.jpg

button-1.jpg

JPG.jpg

Upvote 0
I think your correct, I found it on another civil war website and it is a New York State Militia Staff button, oddly enough it is the exact same asthe button I found 3 months ago at another farm 40 miles from this house.

Loved the video. Thanks. :thumbsup:
Congrats on some super finds and your first V-nickel. SWEET!!!
-MM-

Hey, that looks like MY first V nickel! Sure you didn't swipe it from me? :wink:

Great finds! Hope you get more of that good stuff.

Ray

Wow, excellent finds! Congrats on your first V Nickel. :thumbsup: What a cool house you are hunting. I am inspired to hunt here despite the dry, dry soil.

Keep digging!

Awesome finds bro!!! Congrats on you first V-Nickel!!!! I am still looking for one. :thumbsup:

Very nice V- Nickel there. The one I have are in very poor shape. Great Finds. :thumbsup:

The ground around here is "rock hard" too....Look's like you didn't have a problem that's for sure.Congrat's on the V for being your first,still on the wish list here.Best of Luck at this place,like you're gonna need it...Sweet!!!

Nice nickel, keep digging those nickles and you might pop out a gold coin one day. HH.

I forgot to mention it here, I know I spoke of it on another forum, but the home owner used my son'r detector and hunted with me, because he is interested in buying a detector. When I spoke to the home owner again today and he absolutely loved hunting with my son's detector, he wants us to come back after we get rain so he can try again plus we can hunt more of his yard!

Nice finds, especially the Liberty nickel. I myself have ignored and neglected the ole pulltab-to-foil signals. Not anymore! The odd coin is a French someothing or other. Maybe passing up nickels! Happy hunting and looking forward to more of your finds! Terry

just lately I have started running my ace250 in jewelry mode (only disc out iron) when at old houses, and anything that registers at 6" or more I dig it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back