What's new

Had a great weekend with some BIG silver!!

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
1,407
Reaction score
443
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a friend's cabin that is built on an old miner's house. I concentrated on the old stone walkway leading from the front door. In only an hour, I found the pocket watch, an old battery, bullet casings, 5 wheat pennies (18, 18, 27, 10, and 45), and an 1881 IH. On the way back to pack up my things, I got a great signal at only an inch. Out popped the 1917 Walking Liberty. It was a great end to a short hunt.
 

Attachments

  • 090107.webp
    090107.webp
    146.4 KB · Views: 576
  • 0901072.webp
    0901072.webp
    93.7 KB · Views: 569
  • 09010703.webp
    09010703.webp
    168.2 KB · Views: 572
  • 09010704.webp
    09010704.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 563
  • 09010705.webp
    09010705.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 557
  • 09010706.webp
    09010706.webp
    59 KB · Views: 553
Upvote 0
woo-hoo !! nice score on the walker....... ;D ;D
 
Great finds. I'd love to find a Walking Lib Half!
 
Sweet dig's Jared....Still looking for the "big silver".....Congrat's!!
 
Groovy!

I like those old pocket watches and a 1917 half ain't bad neither.

Those old truck valve stem guards are all over the place. I've found about a dozen the last couple of years.

Really nice stuff.

Badger
 
Michigan Badger said:
Groovy!

I like those old pocket watches and a 1917 half ain't bad neither.

Those old truck valve stem guards are all over the place. I've found about a dozen the last couple of years.

Really nice stuff.

Badger

I was wondering what that thing was. Thanks for the ID.
 
SWEET! I'd be back up there hunting as soon as I could.
 
Kiros,

You have some nice finds there. I have never found a half or a dollar. They seem to elude me. Nice haul for a short hour hunt. Keep up the good work.

Ed D.
 
Congrats on the Walker!! I have yet to find one of those in the ground.

I'm pretty sure that your "old battery" is a starter for a fluorescent light.
 

Attachments

  • pro-lighting_1961_12162842.gif
    pro-lighting_1961_12162842.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 210
dkw said:
Congrats on the Walker!! I have yet to find one of those in the ground.

I'm pretty sure that your "old battery" is a starter for a fluorescent light.

Looks like you're right, thanks for the ID.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom