Had a late start but had an OK day hitting yardsales

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a little slow getting out bed this morning but glad I did.
I had a pretty decent day yardsaling.

1900 Encyclopedia Britannica Werner Leather bound edition SET (only 2 books are in the picture) $25
VirtualBoy Game console and 2 games $20
Makita Cordless Drill Set with light charger and two batteries $15
Brown Sharpe Caliper and micrometer set new $15
Vintage Marine Helmet $10
Set of 9 Pokemon Jelly jar glasses $6
Vintage Gillette Travel Safety Razor in austrian leather case $5
Capehart 8 track player $5
Fireking painted bowl $2
Vintage Duncan yoyos $2
Baby einstein DVDs QTY 5 $2
Wafflebackerei $2
2 70s snoopy puzzles $1
Sony headphones $1
13" wolverine figure $1
8-track Tapes Beatles/ Simon Garfunkel $1
Apple Slicer $0.25
tik tron 108 vintage calc $0.25
Robinson Crusoe Book Lothian $.50
Oxy acetylene book -Manley $.50

HP 20 Ink FREE
Huge Basket of Lincoln Logs FREE
Grinch Shorts in Tin FREE

101_0772 (Small).JPG 101_0773 (Small).JPG 101_0774 (Small).JPG

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Green Boston Red Sox cap? Just curious how much you paid for it.

---a Boston Red Sox fan

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, welcome to Treasurenet.

I was looking at your finds and you actually did pretty well on several items. At first glance people may not see the value of what you bought. That's the beauty of it. Sometimes things you wouldn't expect to have value will surprise people.
The Encyclopedias if all in the condition of the ones shown are a good deal. Though they are a hard sell and I tend to shy away from them.

The caliper and micrometer set was a good score.

The HP20 ink will get you a few bucks. I buy all sealed inks I can find, it's always cheap and it always sells quick. I sold another one last night within 3 hours of listing it.

The Duncan yo yo's depending on condition and style will sell well.

A couple questions...

Are the Pokemon glasses a full set? You mentioned 9 but I can't tell whether they are all different. I believe there are 9 in the full set.
The VirtualBoy Game, is the condition there? What about paperwork and accessories?

The helmet I believe is a K-Pot or PASGT helmet. It's Kevlar not metal right?

The painted Fire King bowl may be what is referred to as the "Gay Fad" pattern. What's it look like?

All in all, you did good.
:icon_thumleft:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of that is items that I probably would not even notice to be honest.

And that's the beauty of this game. There is always a way to make money. For people that live in lower cost of living areas, there's no real excuse to be broke if you really apply yourself and make a concerted effort.

One could sell 500 items a month for $5 profit each. That's $2500. While it's not enough to provide an amazing living, it should be plenty to get a person by. I pass by $5 profit items all day long.

OP
OP
mjlalt

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, welcome to Treasurenet.

I was looking at your finds and you actually did pretty well on several items. At first glance people may not see the value of what you bought. That's the beauty of it. Sometimes things you wouldn't expect to have value will surprise people.
The Encyclopedias if all in the condition of the ones shown are a good deal. Though they are a hard sell and I tend to shy away from them.

The caliper and micrometer set was a good score.

The HP20 ink will get you a few bucks. I buy all sealed inks I can find, it's always cheap and it always sells quick. I sold another one last night within 3 hours of listing it.

The Duncan yo yo's depending on condition and style will sell well.

A couple questions...

Are the Pokemon glasses a full set? You mentioned 9 but I can't tell whether they are all different. I believe there are 9 in the full set.
The VirtualBoy Game, is the condition there? What about paperwork and accessories?

The helmet I believe is a K-Pot or PASGT helmet. It's Kevlar not metal right?

The painted Fire King bowl may be what is referred to as the "Gay Fad" pattern. What's it look like?

All in all, you did good.
:icon_thumleft:

The Helmet is a Kevlar M-7 .
The virtualboy includes controller , console, and two games.(no papers) Looks in good condition but have not tested it out
The Encyclopedia is all in good condition. Its an attractive set.
I believe the pokemon glasses are a full set
The fireking is a pink flower pattern ( my wife likes em so i picked it for her )
I love ink too ! easy to sell and ship!!!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Helmet is a Kevlar M-7 .
The virtualboy includes controller , console, and two games.(no papers) Looks in good condition but have not tested it out
The Encyclopedia is all in good condition. Its an attractive set.
I believe the pokemon glasses are a full set
The fireking is a pink flower pattern ( my wife likes em so i picked it for her )
I love ink too ! easy to sell and ship!!!!

M7 is the size, it's a PASGT helmet, should fetch a good price if you list it correctly and with good photos. Check the completed listings on Ebay to see what I mean PASGT helmet | eBay. Does it have the liner & chin strap? If it does, i'd buy a cover to increase the value. They are cheap ($5 Ebay). Yours is a medium.
The Pokemon glasses if a full set will go for $40+ all day if you list them for that.
The Fire King is probably either the Primrose, Peach Blossom or Fleurette pattern. Nothing special but as long as the wife likes it... :icon_thumleft:
"I love ink too ! easy to sell and ship!!!!" Always!

OP
OP
mjlalt

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
M7 is the size, it's a PASGT helmet, should fetch a good price if you list it correctly and with good photos. Check the completed listings on Ebay to see what I mean PASGT helmet | eBay. Does it have the liner & chin strap? If it does, i'd buy a cover to increase the value. They are cheap ($5 Ebay). Yours is a medium.
The Pokemon glasses if a full set will go for $40+ all day if you list them for that.
The Fire King is probably either the Primrose, Peach Blossom or Fleurette pattern. Nothing special but as long as the wife likes it... :icon_thumleft:
"I love ink too ! easy to sell and ship!!!!" Always!

Thanks for the info!!!
The Helmet does have the liner and chin strap. I'll be sure to buy for a cover for it on ebay before I sell it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread