sawmill man
Hero Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Went to feed the cows yesterday, and while i was waiting for the calf's to get done i decided to detect, the ground looked freeze dryed so i thought what the heck and got a good signal ,layed my detector down to do my big jump on my shovel and man did i feel like Wiley coyote, you know a shovel has really got some spring to it when its 10 degrees and the ground is like a rock, it flipped me for a loop, i then remembered all the to cold to detect threads on here 

I know I have a few wooded spots only a few minutes away I can still manage to get a shovel into the loamy soil. Then my partially frost bitten fingers still a bit numb from pushing it too far a week ago remind me it just isn't worth it. I was actually checking reviews on heated gloves to keep on the hunt but, the better ones cost about $180.00 dollars!
Not to mention I have a lot of flat surface recovery I need to do in my home from hauling a seasons worth of finds home and displacing every flat and level spot available with them. I do need to get out and make sure my car starts in this single digit weather. Jeff of Pa has been experiencing some issues with a frozen motor not wanting to crank over. I don't need that. Say hey to Bessie for me.










