Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Half Cent Trifecta, George's and 38 Buttons

Got back out again to the field we hit up 2 days ago with Mom and Arty and concentrated on a small area we hadn't before. Not even 10 minutes in and I had about 5 buttons and my first liberty cap half cent! Well I called Arty and Mom over because I couldn't hog all the fun for myself! I got a nice signal of 82-84 on the T2 and there was the 1800 HC sitting on top of the ground ! Quit by 5pm and had a total of 38 flat buttons, 2 George III's? and 3 Half Cents all 3 different varieties and 1 being a 1793! This field is just amazing. Its adjacent to the "Field of Dreams" from the W&E Mag Article and It's becomming my favorite. 1793 HC 1797 HC and 1800 HC a 1775? KGIII and a dateless KG of some sort. Mom and Arty ended up with a bunch of buttons and knick knacks. This is by far one of my best outtings. Heres some pics!
Half Cent in Situ
PA130017.jpg

Tally at lunch time.
PA140018.jpg

Three LAdies
PA140023.jpg

PA140022.jpg

Total for 7 hours of work
PA140021.jpg

1793!
PA140027.jpg

1797!
PA140028.jpg

PA140029.jpg

KG
PA140033.jpg

1775?
PA140031.jpg

Upvote 10
This site is why I hunt for Colonial. What a haul, Jim! I am estimating that site was settled in 1788 or so. West Jersey has the sites to keep a man happy.

Kirk

Jim (the former fisherman) :tongue3:, wow the past year you have been on fire, I had to read your post a couple times to let it sink in that you along with Ben both have found a trifecta of Half Cents within two days of each other and that you both found the very hard to find 1793 Half Cent!
Congrats on your Field of Dreams #2 and hopefully still more to come out of there, but don't forget to put that NJ Copper in your Mom's back pocket for the next hunt!

Don

Wanted to add, 38 buttons! Hopefully out of the 38 some nice ones are there, it would take me a long time to clean that many from one hunt!

Thanks Don! I do miss your posts hopefully you can get out soon and pull some more coppers out of that sugar sand.Speaking of fishing Im leaving tonight for NC to fish for 5 days in Ocracoke. Hopefully when I get back the fields will be cut and more access will be granted. 2 1793s is just craZy.

Nice finds! :icon_thumright::icon_thumleft:

Were you on a beach or was the soil that sandy??

Absolutely incredible finds… Big congrats on an amazing hunt! :icon_thumright:

Jim, your not HALF bad. 1793 half, wow!!! You were tripping over those coppers and buttons. Thanks for the great day, very cool getting back into the swing of things. Arty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back