🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I call this known yankee camp "Half-Dime" Camp because though I have not found one single coin of any other denomination here (and it's a good-sized farm), this is the fifth half-dime I've dug. All dated 1861-1863, and all in really good shape for dug. A year ago, I found my first and only Hut-Site on this property.

DSCN4016.jpg

And while in years past, I've dug a lot of camp detritus, for the last year, I seriously haven't dug anything worth posting. A few bullets every outing, sometimes as few as 2 or 3 only. I went out for about 4 hours and came back with several rivets, one with a lot of leather, a percussion cap, round ball, 3-ringer, and my 5th half-dime (1861) and an Eagle I. Just goes to show, you always miss some stuff. Nothing was deep . . .

DSCN5248.jpg

DSCN5249.jpg

Upvote 20
nice finds a lot of lead

Congrats on the cool finds! only your fifth half dime? must be rough!:tongue3:

I call this known yankee camp "Half-Dime" Camp because though I have not found one single coin of any other denomination here (and it's a good-sized farm), this is the fifth half-dime I've dug. All dated 1861-1863, and all in really good shape for dug. A year ago, I found my first and only Hut-Site on this property.

View attachment 1644837

And while in years past, I've dug a lot of camp detritus, for the last year, I seriously haven't dug anything worth posting. A few bullets every outing, sometimes as few as 2 or 3 only. I went out for about 4 hours and came back with several rivets, one with a lot of leather, a percussion cap, round ball, 3-ringer, and my 5th half-dime (1861) and an Eagle I. Just goes to show, you always miss some stuff. Nothing was deep . . .

View attachment 1644838

View attachment 1644839

Very nice finds for these day's & for a Hard hunted site. , IMO the 'War Period' Half Dimes are worth all those 1 -3 bullet trips . If you other H-Dimes are in that condition ---'Heck yea' & Def, Most likely lost by Soldiers .

I got my only 2 half dimes in a Camp as well one was holed Capped Bust , the other 1830 CB in Great Shape , no other old coins from there , just a couple 'Patriotic Tokens' & a Store Card coin. ? Sorry I did get 2 Dimes from there also 'A very worn 'X'ed on both sides Capped Bust & A Great Condition 1839 Seated 'One of my top 3 dug coins'.

The real point I wanted to make was , If I dig 1 Civil War Bullet Dropped or fired my day was great , I avg , 1 Minnie , or round ball per 6-8 hours of hard detecting , GS Buttons avg 1 -4 a Year , got only 1 Gen service this year but it's Nice (like your 'I' ) button.
Still I've made some good finds this year but it is hard work.

Ill bet there is more in the Field & Ill take a Rivet any time.

Thanks for posting I love seeing all your & others Civil War Finds.
Great Week to ya.
Davers

Nice relics isn't a half dime a nickel lol Well done

Nice going. Great finds.:icon_thumright:

Congratualtions on the nice relics and cool 1/2 dime! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back