What's new

half hunting is played out?

thing

Full Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
120
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Hi this is my first post here. I have been looking for a site like this for years now and i cant believe I found one. Anyways I live in the Los angeles area and have been ordering boxes since 2005, and in that time it seems I have found less and less silver. In 2007 I started keeping stats on my finds. I actually graphed my success ratio and since 2007 it shows a downward trend, which makes me think that the silver is drying up. (i never kept stats on skunk boxes so the trend line should be looking worst then it is). I have been to san fransisco, to vegas, to bakersfield, to oceanside and i have found almost nothing in all of them. Is anybody else getting the same feeling?

ps, i have seen the indian casino in solvang mark halve dollars with a variety of felt pens.
 

Attachments

  • coin show.webp
    coin show.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 415
Upvote 0
2008 WWWWWWwWW/\WWwwwwww/\2009 Excuse my primitive looking graph, but as you can see my stats seem to be pretty much consistant in the year that I have been compiling them.
Based on my unscientific findings I believe that there will still be silver discovered in boxes 60 years from now. :read2:
 
Have only been doing this since March in my first 2 1.2 months scored over 1400 halves- felt like it was raining them on me, but the last almost 3 months now have been very meager, interspersed with skunk runs of as many as 12 in row.
 
Greetings!
'Grats on the groovy graphs!
Gresham's Law applies, so grab your greedy grubstake!
Gratefully, Grizz
 
Maybe has to do with location

also The silver discovered while CRH is sold and some times goes back into circulation.

DW
 
It's all gone. Don't bother looking anymore. :tongue3:
 
I am not finding any silver halves lately, that why the absense of posts from me, seems to be dried up in my area, even road trips are pretty sad as of late. But I will keep etting boxes hoping something turns up
 
It is bound to happen. It will build up again but will take people dropping off the hunt for a good while. If you were hunting just halves I would hit the other denominations hard especially dimes.

Golden Silver
 
i have good months and bad, but overall i still get alot of silver just doing halves
 
There is still Silver out there- just got back from trip to Chainsaw shop hit banks along way got about $40 in halves, 2 Banks had silver one had 3 %40's in $20 loose and another had 1 %40 in $5 loose. Though admit things are very slow here, yesterdays short road trip netted ZERO Silver & 160$ in Clad.
 
0.45% 90%
0.79% 40%
0.07% "S"
Not doing too bad here....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom