What's new

Halfs or Halves?

Coins4Cheese

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
657
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
After reading through many posts, I notice that some people use the word half's to represent a plural number of half dollars, and some people use the word halves to represent a plural number of half dollars instead.

1. I went to the bank to pick up some half's.
2. I went to the bank to pick up some halves.

Personally, I think that the 2ND one is grammatically correct, but what do you guys and gals think? I know this is a CRHing forum, so if I'm posting in the wrong area, the adims will probably move it.
 
Upvote 0
My great aunt used to call cents "coppers". Even thats not right anymore.
 
there are two types of banks also....

the halves and the halve nots
 
My spellcheck recognizes half's meaning possessive. It also recognizes halves meaning 1/2 of a whole. It does NOT recognize halfs as a word. Personally, I don't care how people spell, I just want a good grade here for participation. :wink: Gotta go, potatas are boiling!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom