What's new

Halves: Bank Boxes or Bags?

myprecious

Full Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
So far i've only done 10 bags of halves - but i have 4 boxes of rolls coming in a few days.

I guess I've been pretty lucky with the bags I've gotten so far and will continue to get them that THAT particular bank as well (like next Tues.)

Was wondering if there's a particular preference or has anyone any experience/reasons to go one way or another?

???
 
Upvote 0
silvercop said:
i dont have a choice, only get boxes around here

Yeah same here, and as said my Brinks Halves come in Boxes that say they contain $500 in Quarters in them; anybody else get them like that- mine come outa Nashville TN.
 
Ditto: Brinks $500 boxes are all I can find.
 
no option huh?

BAO, WACHOVIA & CHASE/WaMu do only bags in my parts.
SunTrust does only rolled boxes.

The fun part about picking up $1,000 bags from the bank is trying not to crash while looking for Ag through the clear bag on the way home. Like the old McDonald's commercial - best to put the french fries in the trunk...
 
Fredness said:
Ditto: Brinks $500 boxes are all I can find.


What kinda boxes are they in(?), mine are stacked in a Quarter Boxes; my Loomis sourced coins come in 1 layer boxes with 50 view holes.
 
Today was my first time CRH hunting and I was really disappointed in not being able to find hardly any halves. I went to 4 major banks and came up with a grand total of $19.00 in halves. One bank had a roll and the others had $3 dollars each. I really don't want to buy more than a $100 worth at a time so I guess this will be my first and last day of crh.
Anyway I still got you guys stuff to look at. (I did find 2 clads in the first $3 anf 1 in the roll. Shame they didn't have more.) Will be keeping up with your finds. Barb
 
paleo66 said:
Today was my first time CRH hunting and I was really disappointed in not being able to find hardly any halves. I went to 4 major banks and came up with a grand total of $19.00 in halves. One bank had a roll and the others had $3 dollars each. I really don't want to buy more than a $100 worth at a time so I guess this will be my first and last day of crh.
Anyway I still got you guys stuff to look at. (I did find 2 clads in the first $3 anf 1 in the roll. Shame they didn't have more.) Will be keeping up with your finds. Barb

That's kinda good you quitin- more for us. ;D
 
Bags are tough for me to get,but when I do, they are much better than any box I ever got.
 
can a bank order a bag? i assume a bag is from a counter machine...
 
most banks near me order bags - clear bags weighing 50lbs or so - usually holding up to $1,000 in halves.

you can spot the obvious silvers right away.

i hear so much about rolls - i decided to get 4 boxes in rolls and try that way out this time.

But i've got $2,000 halves ordered already in BAGS next for week.
 
myprecious said:
most banks near me order bags - clear bags weighing 50lbs or so - usually holding up to $1,000 in halves.

you can spot the obvious silvers right away.

i hear so much about rolls - i decided to get 4 boxes in rolls and try that way out this time.

But i've got $2,000 halves ordered already in BAGS next for week.

What are the names of some of them Banks with Big bags- I'd like to open account in one like that.
 
Bank of America, WACHOVIA & CHASE/WaMu do only bags in my parts. $500 lots.
 
Any time you can get bags off of a coin counting machine that does not discriminate out the silver ..... BUY IT!!!!. That is how and where a majority of silver that we find in boxes comes from.


Mojo
 
myprecious said:
Bank of America, WACHOVIA & CHASE/WaMu do only bags in my parts. $500 lots.
myprecious,i'm not sure i understand. Do you buy bags from the bank's counting machine or do they actually order bags of halves from an outside source for you?
 
mountainman 2 said:
myprecious said:
Bank of America, WACHOVIA & CHASE/WaMu do only bags in my parts. $500 lots.
myprecious,i'm not sure i understand. Do you buy bags from the bank's counting machine or do they actually order bags of halves from an outside source for you?

They order the coin bags from the a central location, Brinks or the Fed. They give different answers to that question. Pending on quantity, they usually can have the bags in 3 days. Though Bank of America often does next day if one orders early enough.

There are NO coin counting machines in any of the banks in my area. Though i'd love to buy one that sorts silver - and set it up in a local mall. Can you imagine?
 
mountainman 2 said:
myprecious said:
Bank of America, WACHOVIA & CHASE/WaMu do only bags in my parts. $500 lots.
myprecious,i'm not sure i understand. Do you buy bags from the bank's counting machine or do they actually order bags of halves from an outside source for you?

I dump at a small regional bank's main office. My dump bank takes the coins from the counting machine, rolls them and distributes them to all of the branches. The head teller tells me she HAS TO roll all of the coins from the counter. She cannot sell bags.
 
davew0710 said:
The head teller tells me she HAS TO roll all of the coins from the counter. She cannot sell bags.

Wamby pamby... Policy Schmolicy.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom