What's new

Halves box question for veteran CRHers

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2009
Messages
1,024
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
When getting sealed bank rolls from open fed boxes i will often only get 10 rolls , go through them and then decide or not to get more.[I have never gotten a good box in my area when i do boxes] My question is this-

When you get the boxes with good amounts of silver , is it usually throughout the box or is it usually a few good rolls in the box ?
 
Upvote 0
In my experience, the keepers will be spread out throughout the box. I very rarely had rolls with more than 4 keepers out of a roll when a box has been good.
 
I agree wth DD. Keepers, however you define keepers; and when they are there, are usually spread throughout the box; versus limited and concentrated to just a few rolls or so.
 
I have had Brinks boxes (25 rolls on top of 25 rolls--5 X 5 style) where the top 25 had none and the bottom 25 were very good (or vice versa). Usually in this instance there was a slight difference in color of printed ink on the rolls (lighter or darker, etc). I figured the top came from one batch and the bottom row from another. Although rare I have seen this.

Jim
 
The reason is that I think that groups of good coins travel together.

A person dumps at a bank his silver collection and the coins travel together to the rolling machine and to the same box.


Many times I know that if I get 20 rolls of halves and there is not silver showing on the ends most likely it will be a very bad batch.

Darth Walker
 
there is really no fool proof method to gauge your finds. it is all luck of the draw. i have opened a box with a ben on the end of the roll only to find it to be the only keeper in the whole box. i have also opened a box with no silver showing and found 50 plus keepers in the box. i have found that if you try and figure it all out you will drive yourself crazy. you just got to open the box search it and hope for the best
 
silvercop said:
there is really no fool proof method to gauge your finds. it is all luck of the draw. i have opened a box with a ben on the end of the roll only to find it to be the only keeper in the whole box. i have also opened a box with no silver showing and found 50 plus keepers in the box. i have found that if you try and figure it all out you will drive yourself crazy. you just got to open the box search it and hope for the best
I find this to be true also. One box last week had 2 silver on the end of rolls. Only 3 in the whole box.
I have noticed sometimes only finding halves on one row. This is only when there are just a few in the box.
HH
Gilbert
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom