What's new

Hammer Found! Please Help ID!

Minkey

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
57
Reaction score
113
Golden Thread
1
Location
Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this hammer head at a Union camp site today. It is the only artifact recovered that seemed Civil War era. I'd like to think it was used by a Union soldier to drive tent spikes. Probably more likely lost in the 1930's. Either way I'd appreciate any information on this old tool!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20171007_200429.webp
    IMG_20171007_200429.webp
    685.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20171007_200305.webp
    IMG_20171007_200305.webp
    326.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20171007_195923.webp
    IMG_20171007_195923.webp
    500.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20171007_195827.webp
    IMG_20171007_195827.webp
    540 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
Heck of a lot older than 1930...looks hand forged.very nice.
 
yup I don't know a lot about such things, but I can visualize that in a civil war soldiers hand pounding in tent stakes...
 
Definitely 1800's if you ask me, can't tell for sure though due to the photos being a touch out of focus and the general angle. More pics would be great! Nice find Pal! hammer.webp
 
That's a nice one & a good preservation job as well.
 
Very cool looking hammer. IMHO it looks to be war period. It is old. Congrat's on a great find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom